Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Installing Bluetooth on IS250

Civicata

2 minutes ago, zoricib said:

Take your time when removing the stereo so you don't chip your dashboard around the vent and test it before you put everything back 😁

I think my dash has been changed, cause is is soft and not at all crispy, so i don't think there is anything to worry about in that regards. Testing it before installing it again is a good tip though 🙃

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to installing this today. It worked like a charm, and the sound is better than it was with the AUX cable. Can recommend the product 10/10 compared with alternative solutions, both in terms of price, and in terms of keeping it fairly original

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shadowfell said:

Many thanks to @zoricib & @Lageoddvin for sharing BT adapters. can you direct to a 'How TO' to remove the centre console/ infotainment system?

I recently bought a 2006 IS250 SEL. NAvi + ML. and was researching my options to stream BT audio.

Welcome to the club Ravi :) 

There are a loads of guides on youtube - linked a few below

this shows a good method to remove the vent without damaging the dashboard

And this is more of a "how not to" video to check to know what to avoid doing :)

Can't take credit for finding the BT adapter as Bruce was the one who mentioned it initially!

On 8/10/2020 at 3:21 AM, juicestop said:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shadowfell said:

@zoricib thank you so much Bogdan. really helpful vids.

anybody considered the Anker BT adapter?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H5C2BQX/?coliid=I149KN75I5TKZ3&colid=YK5ULR5AGG3X&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Happy I could help:) Check if the Anker adapter works whilst plugged in for charging - I had a similar one a while ago would only work off the Battery - when plugged in to charge it would stop streaming.

If you're looking for a simpler setup check out my initial set up below. You can hide this in the armrest console. The downfall to this setup was that the sound quality wasn't the best, and I couldn't use the steering wheel controls to skip songs. 

P.S. if you go with the armrest setup you could probably use a better quality BT adaptor maybe the sound quality will be better.

On 8/5/2020 at 2:32 PM, zoricib said:

I've installed an universal bluetooth adaptor  in my armrest to play music from ( don't think it works for calls though) 

Here is the adaptor 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223550132778

( Was also considering this, but haven't found a good location for it to be out of sight yet accessible to pick up calls. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MSUWCZ0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_JwRkFbM5Z09SN )

Also got a ground noise isolator 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333306908036

And an L shape usb to protect the usb wire from the adaptor from breaking 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292074804774

I've also got an app for android (MacroDroid) on which I've set up a trigger for when my phone connects to the bluetooth adapter my data connection comes on and Spotify launches.

Worked well so far, the sound is clear and it connects quick, but found that the bass doesn't really come through. 

All this cost me just over £13 btw, so it's cheap and cheerful. 

Hi Ravi and welcome to the forum. Dont bother removing the radio to install the Bluetooth adapter which plugs into the back of it.

I have ML and use the Aux socket in the arm rest cubby hole and the 12v socket to. The sound I get is awesome but as with any music streaming it all depends on the original quality. To tell you how awesome it is I listen to Radio 1 drum and bass show on the BBC app. The bass is shuddering and the other frequencies are spot on. On the other hand some recordings c/o Spotify are very poor to very good.

Below is my set up all from eBay

I've posted links in other threads to do with Bluetooth streaming so do go check those threads out. 

20210304_094413.jpg

• 1 month later...

I can confirm go with the aux option. Taking the nav unit out is not worth the hassle. I did it this morning to install the blue tooth cable, and it's impossible not to damage the sticky dash. It's so brittle that the slightest scrape will mark and cut it. The new connection works well but was not worth the cosmetic damage that has now broken my heart. 

Can you still have a phone call while using the Bluetooth armrest setup with this adapter?

Also, does it use the built in mic or the one from the phone?

I really want to stream music via Bluetooth, but would also like to keep the built in phone call function.

• 5 months later...
On 6/28/2021 at 8:57 PM, Lageoddvin said:

Finally got around to installing this today. It worked like a charm, and the sound is better than it was with the AUX cable. Can recommend the product 10/10 compared with alternative solutions, both in terms of price, and in terms of keeping it fairly original

Hi everyone, found this thread and bought the Bluetooth device that plugs into the back of head unit. I thought this is a very best solution too. Unfortunately after plugging it in my screen became unresponsive and sometimes won't even "boot". Things go back to normal if I remove the device. Any ideas? Am I missing something? I also bought the Y splitter but it doesn't seem like I need it. Thanks

The unit you bought must have a fault in it. Send it back for a replacement. 

My last post came out bad. I've had my BT adapter in a year now and it's been flawless through out. Superb music reproduction through BT. 

• 8 months later...

Hi Tadas. The items I bought don't seem to be available on eBay. But what I got was a shallow 12v cigarette power adapter. A 90° USB to USB adapter. A Bluetooth adapter that has a 3.5mm jack to plug into the aux socket located in the armrest. The other part of the Bluetooth adapter plugs into the 90° USB. You need the 90° adapter otherwise the armrest lid won't close. Hope this helps. By a shallow 12v socket I mean one that isn't a standard one which is about an inch long. One that just sticks above the top of the power socket in the armrest. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links