Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys,

I have used the same free software to make up discs to listen to in my car.  Most of these discs are MP3 format using data discs in order to allow for many more tracks as compared to s CD-R disc.  These discs still play in the car no problem.

At the weekend I made up a couple of new data discs with different music on them.  The discs have burned successfully as they all play on the laptop, but when I put them in the car I get a message saying "No music".

Any ideas?

Are the Mp3 discs the same brand? - sometimes the cars reader can be picky.

Also worth a try is playing a working disc and trying again with the burned disc.

I used to have this problem on a home dvd player - sometimes it would come up with no disc with no explanation - unplugging and re-plugging always used to clear the error

Maybe as a last resort you could try disconnecting and re-connecting the Battery.

hope this helps

If you are doing exactly what you have done in the past, it could be that the CD burner is possilby starting to gradually fail.

What I means is that it is not creating clean pits in the burnt CD, so that although the laptop has enough horsepower to overcome errors created by a CDs that are written badly, a car player cannot overcome errors.

Also like Mark says, I have found that some brands on CD are always more dodgy in the car, or even on my Marantz KI63 home player, yet play fine in any of the computers in the house.

5 hours ago, jumbojake said:

eityher use default windows (pretty good nowadays) or alternative put it on a memory stick, get loads more on there then and less messing about when driving

The 400h doesn't have USB.

On 12/12/2019 at 12:33 PM, Burroo 67 said:

Wee update guys.......

Used a different type of disc, used a different free burner software package and managed to make a MP3 disc for the car.  Happy days (for now)

I use the free version of PowerISO, it works fine for burning mp3 cd's, also always use Verbatim discs without fail.

I take your point but if I could use MP3 CDs in my GS I would. BT streaming is all well and good but you're compressing an already compressed source. Add an FM transmitter into the mix and it's even worse.

I'll stick with my cassettes thanks. 

(And yes, I'm being entirely serious :wink:)

Cassettes, either audio or video had one killer feature, you turn them off and  then and when you start them again they take off exactly where you left it. With MP3s etc it's always hit or miss I've doubted my sanity on more than one occasion whilst listening to Sherlock Homes audio books accidentally using shuffle mode.