Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seat repairs any recommendations?

With the rear seats having very little use they are almost like new still but for some reason the front passenger seat and the driver’s for obvious reasons but a lesser extent now require some attention.

There is now a rip in the centre base section on the passenger side.

A few years ago I contacted a local leather car seat repair company who after looking at the pictures told me they could do the job of repairing them for around £500.00 but since then I lost their details.

If anyone could recommend somewhere preferably local to Derbyshire it would be appreciated.

F138DD8F-7273-495D-882C-341AEA598583.jpeg

04288BDA-DB65-40BE-BA9E-EE6701F9712E.jpeg

18525623-8A54-4604-9DFE-8B9CCD4B1801.jpeg

54 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

There is now a rip in the centre base section on the passenger side.

are you trying to be too much a perfectionist do you think :no2:                 isn't this just fair wear and " tear " at this age in the life of the car and something to be cherished, like " patina " or summat :whistling:

Malc

6 hours ago, Malc said:

are you trying to be too much a perfectionist do you think :no2:                 isn't this just fair wear and " tear " at this age in the life of the car and something to be cherished, like " patina " or summat :whistling:

Malc

You could be right Malc, the ageing is something I can put up with as like you say, it compliments the age of the car. It’s mainly the tear in the passenger seat that concerns me as it can only get worse. Having said that the other half tends to sit in the rear now days when we do go out in the car.

Michael I’ll look into the products you suggest, the dirt is very ingrained and I’ve tried other products without much improvement afterwards.

I have an immaculate set of black seats in the later model I am breaking but apparently these are not a plug and play fit plus the dash and door trims are another problem.

I have used products from this company successfully on a couple of Mercedes:

http://www.nueraproducts.co.uk/

They will provide a renovation dye to match, but you need to send them a sample. They also supply a flexible filler, although in your case the tear would have to have a repair patch glued to the back, to prevent it spreading, which hopefully could be done in situ.

Included are two photographs of an armrest repaired using their filler, renovation dye and other creams from their renovation kit.

The second two show a seat back similarly treated, although no filler was required.

I have no connection with this company, other than as a satisfied customer.

P1040554.JPG

P1040564.JPG

P1040557.JPG

P1040562.JPG

• Like 2

I am the one that maybe able to help you that also lives in Derbyshire. I am also the one that has sent you a PM (Yonks ago) which was seemingly ignored and an open post just the same response and contacted Admin to put us in touch but for some reason you seem to have gone all Howard Hughes on me. Firslty I do know a potential leather car seat repairer round the Derby neck of the woods secondly having just fixed a repair om my  M in L's  leather sofa which was a rip that I sorted I can help you there also, that cost me little to repair same and is holding up well.

Finally I will consider assisting but will need to receive a little more friendly response as I will feel like I am wasting my time.