Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h 2009 new shocks advice (bouncing)

Hello, 

I just bought a 2009 450f SE with 82000 miles, it's in very good shape all round and drives very well. This weekend I put 250 miles on it on a long journey. 

However I noticed that it was very bouncy when going over uneven surfaces, which was disappointing. I had a look at the shocks and they are the conventional type (non-air) thankfully. I plan to start with replacing the rear shocks.

Is there a preferred brand ? should I get them from Lexus of another maker?  I am hoping to make the ride as good as it can be and don't mind paying a bit more for better shocks.

thanks, looking forward to enjoying my first Lexus.

Dave

6 hours ago, Dave450h said:

Hello, 

I just bought a 2009 450f SE with 82000 miles, it's in very good shape all round and drives very well. This weekend I put 250 miles on it on a long journey. 

However I noticed that it was very bouncy when going over uneven surfaces, which was disappointing. I had a look at the shocks and they are the conventional type (non-air) thankfully. I plan to start with replacing the rear shocks.

Is there a preferred brand ? should I get them from Lexus of another maker?  I am hoping to make the ride as good as it can be and don't mind paying a bit more for better shocks.

thanks, looking forward to enjoying my first Lexus.

Dave

Hi Dave welcome to LOC. I am not sure what make the OEM shocks are on your car, but they are likely to be KYB as this is the manufacturer Toyota/Lexus uses.
I think the great majority of people here would say to fit these. If you are a gold member you would be entitled to a discount at Lexus outlets, but you may get the same brand cheaper from the US or some other outlet. No doubt someone here has done this, and will guide you further.

John.

• Like 2

Hi, I had the 10 year old shocks replaced and the ride is improved. When going over pot holes, bumps, speed bumps, the rebound is quicker and the car less bouncy, so it was worth doing. 

enjoying the car very much.

Dave

• Like 4