Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Grinding rubbing noise in full lock

Hi

I am experiencing a grinding rubbing noise when moving forward or reverse at low speed in full lock on.my 2007 lexus is 220d

Has anyone experienced this problem and had a resolution to this issue please

Thank you as always

Edited by kullyb
More information

Hi Kuljit

I think quite a few Lexus owners get this - this is a result of wide tyres and turning circle of the car - when on full lock the tyre drags a little - I think Lexus turning circle is abit more than other cars such as BMW.

I get it on my 430 when on full lock but I don't really do a full lock very often.

• Thanks 1

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I have only just experienced this over the last month. Further internet searches LED to a possible issue. I had brake pads and discs replaced around the time this started and I have read on other sites that the back plate had been pushed inwards by something and touching disc on full lock

Will check this out if it it could be this in morning.

+1 on getting this god awful noise on full lock at slow speed, so much so that I now turn left out of my house and never right, as the angle of the road causes this to happen and I’d rather drive around the block an extra 200 yards than hear that!

• Thanks 1

All possible causes checked by friend mechanic nothing is amiss 

So only obvious issue is wheels which are worn on the outsides is only contributing factor not going to replace them as tyres are still legal ie well above 1.6mm on centre 3/4 of tyre

23 hours ago, HellRider said:

It is absolutely normal, same for me and colder days outside it only get worse. Better tyres will reduce this but wait till summer and will be ok.😉

Get a similar noise on my GS 250 on full lock sounds like a slight dragging noise. However, had it on other cars with quite large tyres so haven't worried about it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 2:48 PM, kullyb said:

All possible causes checked by friend mechanic nothing is amiss 

So only obvious issue is wheels which are worn on the outsides is only contributing factor not going to replace them as tyres are still legal ie well above 1.6mm on centre 3/4 of tyre

Actually just checked my fronts worn on the inside

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

It is in the service schedule ( Every 12 Mths/10,000 Miles) to ‘Rotate Tyres’ but only on models with same size wheels/tyres all round ( Note 2)

Can’t be done on my 250!

9ACB95E4-000D-4502-8018-240BA70883D0.png

• Thanks 1