Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

driving through water

1 minute ago, Passerby said:

The 100k Lexus service that I have just had done included a transmission fluid change. They did try the 'sealed for life' line on me but didn't clarify what 'life' was.... Feeling lucky?

It’s until the transmission fails. That’s all it means. When that fluids all burned up that’s the end of its life.

10 hours ago, Passerby said:

The 100k Lexus service that I have just had done included a transmission fluid change. They did try the 'sealed for life' line on me but didn't clarify what 'life' was.... Feeling lucky?

Was there any indocation of how much the transmission oil change cost . I'd be up for pushing it too with the dealer. Thanks for the info David.

When I decided to buy my 450 H, all the advice that I received was that they were one of the most reliable vehicles on the road, and that a relatively high mileage was not a problem.  I am really disappointed that such a major (and expensive ) component failed after only100,000 miles.  I used to drive Audi Quattros and had no serious mechanical problems with them. (I clocked up around 150,000 or 200,000 miles in them , and then gave them to my son, who drove them until they died! at well over 200,000).   I find it Interesting that Lexus gave me a significant discount on the cost ; maybe this is a more common issue than has come up on this forum?!?!

Anyway, I'm glad to have the car back. Interestingly, my garage gave me a Subaru Forester RX as a courtesy car, with similar mileage.  I really enjoyed driving it, but it really was knackered. The gearbox was like a bag of spanners and the steering sloppy, the windows didn't fit properly, and the fuel consumption dreadful. In comparison, my Lexus drives like new and everything works beautifully so far.... Fingers crossed! 

• Like 1

So glad you've got your car back. What was done to it and where and did it cost you anything? 

I'm going to assume you've got the car's service book showing the trans fluid was changed at 60k. Which dealer stated trans fluid is changed at 60k? 

I remember when I had my 3rd gen RX450h it was due it's 60k service and I got Stockport to quote. They did not mention trans fluid. The quote was £750 of which most was for spark plug change.

15 hours ago, Silversalmon said:

Was there any indocation of how much the transmission oil change cost . I'd be up for pushing it too with the dealer. Thanks for the info David.

See my thread here for the saga

They can generate an itemised list for each service

12 hours ago, Passerby said:

See my thread here for the saga

Was there an itemised cost for transmission fluid change? Is it £200? - Acceptable, is it £800, I'll take the risk....

12 hours ago, Passerby said:

They can generate an itemised list for each service

10 hours ago, Silversalmon said:

Was there an itemised cost for transmission fluid change? Is it £200? - Acceptable, is it £800, I'll take the risk....

Not on my sheet, all rolled into the service price. Give them a call.