Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering RC300H F sport

Hey guys,

Just picked up a 2016 RCH F sport today and allready started modding with Lexus puddle lights and Maxton design boot Spoiler. 

The ride height and Arch gap for me is an issue and i really want to lower it. 

Appears to be a number of lowering springs available for the RC350 but nothing for the 300H!!! 

So has anyone actually lowered one in the UK??

Any advice appreciated

Damien.

I know that does not answer your question, but it seems like there are no benefit of doing it, so therefore nobody makes or markets such things for 300h. I understand you doing this purely for looks, but otherwise it is a bit of waste. You probably find more luck and potential in RC-F and as you mentioned RC350 which is sadly not sold here. Therefore parts as usually made and marketed for them.

When it comes to 350 and 300h, it seems that both have exactly the same standard wheels and tyre sizes and same ride height. So in theory anything lowering 350 would work on 300h. I do believe weight balance is different on both cars, but I have no reason to suspect Lexus has specifically adjusted dampening or height of the standard suspension. For example schock absorber and springs part numbers are the same for both cars fitted with adaptive suspension (which is standard on F-Sport in UK, but is option in US), so my guess  - they are compatible as long as it meant for RC350 with AVS.

When buying my 2019 RC300h I enquired of my dealer if they could source lowering springs for the car. As Lexus do sell and fit and still cover under warranty lowering sets for the 350 and RC-F in the States, they don't for the hybrid, as they don't market the RC300h there.

My dealer enquired with Lexus Japan and was informed lowering springs were not available for the 300h 

Are you sure they simply put lowering springs?!

I reckon that if you would be looking into complete coilovers probably this would be less of an issue, but only the lowering springs... would "upset" your AVS, so probably not the best idea. In other hand maybe AVS are smart enough considering same shocks are used on several different cars.

Yup, just the springs are offered and according to the official Lexus configurator they work with the stock shock absorbers, which on the RC350 F Sport is AVS

Hopefully the link will work

https://www.lexus.com/build-your-lexus/#!/zip/90263/series/RC/year/2020/trim/9213/buildId/103/option-details/S2/my-dream-car/{-x-:-05C1-,-i-:-EB04-,-a-:[-S2-],-p-:[],-z-:[]} 

Hey chaps, very interesting. So in a nutshell and taking everything on board we are saying that RC350 lowering springs should in theory work on the 300H??

If so there are some Eibach springs that are available. I will send a message to Eibach to see if they have ever tries these on a 300h

22 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Yup, just the springs are offered and according to the official Lexus configurator they work with the stock shock absorbers, which on the RC350 F Sport is AVS

Hopefully the link will work

https://www.lexus.com/build-your-lexus/#!/zip/90263/series/RC/year/2020/trim/9213/buildId/103/option-details/S2/my-dream-car/{-x-:-05C1-,-i-:-EB04-,-a-:[-S2-],-p-:[],-z-:[]} 

I am sure AVS was option in amurica (it only came standard in UK), perhaps face-lift now comes with AVS as part of overall package upgrade with LSS+ and other goodies. 

20 hours ago, damien edwards said:

Hey chaps, very interesting. So in a nutshell and taking everything on board we are saying that RC350 lowering springs should in theory work on the 300H??

If so there are some Eibach springs that are available. I will send a message to Eibach to see if they have ever tries these on a 300h

If you ask I am pretty sure they will say "NO!", same as Lexus does, but that in itself makes no sense considering RC350 has exactly the same parts in suspension. 

I can tell you yes you can get lowering springs for the RC300h, RSR makes them - a very good reputable Japanese brand here: https://www.rs-r.co.jp/script/e_itemsearch/index.html

Just scroll to Lexus > RC300h

The website may show JDM Lexus's but they will fit UK (and even Euro) spec Lexus's ! There even been a IS300h with RSR springs fitted on owner cars in France and Sweden (LHD)!

I got RSR half down springs for my UK spec IS300h and very happy with them - mines for F-sport as 'Half down' ones are only available for F-sport and been on car for almost 2 years - not a problem at all still maintaining ride comfort etc which is what I wanted anyway!

Not sure about the RC but the lowering springs from RSR (and other brands) for the IS250 / 200t fits directly on the 300h but wouldn't recommend this as these cars have difference weight hence different spring rates and part no. on the RSR springs on the IS.

I'd do it again using RSR springs for my next Lexus assuming I'm sticking with this brand ! That's how good I think the brand is !

• Thanks 1