Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is300 Mods

Fargo

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Paul.

I learnt more about the static test yesterday.

I also found that the fuel/Nitrous jet ratio should increase same ratio from the 25Bhp jets up and up, dependant on static test results.

One would use a slightly smaller fuel ratio jet if the temp is cold, is less pressure in the Nitrous tank, or even based on standard fuel pressures on the IS..

It would be great for Dave to come along with his static test results, or perhaps Mark @ Tdi could shed some light on this.

Dave... Was wondering what your static test results were on your 25Bhp jets and what level of Rpm from 2000 did it rise?

Then when you went for the 50Bhp jets what ratios with the fuel and Nitros jets did you go and how that was determined, also what are the markings you have on both your jets?

Another question would be if you say had 100 written on your Nitrous jet for a 50hp increse, have you got the correct jet for fuel match, and how that was determined?

It's a strange one, as so far I have 120 Nitrous jet and 40 Fuel jet. Does this evaluate to 50 Bhp increase, or 100 Nitrous and say 50 Fuel?

• 2 weeks later...

Mesh looks ten times better mate... Done a good job there! So did you cut along the bottom of the bumper? how did you fit it back on if you did??

Not gonna comment on the other stuff else I'll just get jealous!! :P

you can see in the second picture what was left of the grill once cut off. this is where i mounted the mesh on to..

you can just stick the mesh straight on the grill without removing it, but then you start to block the airflow..

• 3 weeks later...
It would be great for Dave to come along with his static test results, or perhaps Mark @ Tdi could shed some light on this.

To be honest Steve I normally view tests like these to be not particularly helpful.

We often find that the recommended ratios are miles out when tested properly.

There's only one way to find out if you want to be sure that you have the correct fuel ratio, and as the consequences of it not being correct can be expensive I would recommend that you check it asap.

Hope that helps :)

been cutting up the ol MDF....making a dual nos bottle holder....is only the mark1 version, obviously will be covering the MDf with something.

Very encouraging Mr Fargo :)

Can't wait to see it in the flesh!

i do love mdf, all ya need is a jigsaw, some heavy grit sandpaper (and a electric planer if ya got one) and y acan make any kind of shape. i used it for a few sculptures at school and college. but i hate trying to cover it with fabric, heck i hate trying to cover anything with fabric. so well done on that job. altho a nice red alacantara (*** knows how ya spell it?) would have looked trick tho! well done again :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links