Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is300 Mods

Fargo

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got the hood struts from the US via tunedparts.com,, cost 100 quid including shipping and customs.. took 20 minutes to install..

as for modding ruskie,, sometime you just gota dive in and have a go, there are plenty of people here to offer help and advise..

hel man, ive become and experst at ripping out the interior and can safely say i can have all the seats,centre console and entire boot stripped in 15 minutes flat..lol

Updated here. This guy is fast and brilliant to deal with.

I remember at the time I paid $150 u.s plus shipping incl the struts and they worked fine, although risky shipping as they can leak in presurised consignment or something. Ended up paying a little duty.. but did'nt break the bank and well worth every penny... Easy to fit like paul said.. Only one modification to the plastic bit where the right base bracket will mount.

Paul & Steve, i just spoke to FIG, and i have the cost and everything for this hood kit, but there is a question for you guys, he said that for me the 150N struts should work, i just wonder what struts did you guys have for your OEM hood (if that what you had)? and do you guys think that the 150N is not too powerful for my C-One Motorsport FRP hood which is only weighted at 9kg compare to the OEM hood of 18kg? what happen if i use the wrong struts? will it damage the hood while driving?... :question::question::question:

Regards

Maz

Thats going back some Maz ...

I think he supplied me with the 250N struts which are the stronger ones. He seems to be quite knowledgeable on these..

I would go with what he recommends... The kits are of excellent quality and a doddle to fit, I fitted my on my own...