Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heating controls

cdmaskell

Help. I have owned ES since March 19 and dealer set heating temp from drivers side to operate in tandem to passenger side, when driver is is sole occupier

This worked well until recently.  Now the temp display will only come up on driver’s side. Dealer recommended the following:

S-Flow, dual and auto off. This allows me to operated the heating in tandem from driver’s side which is successful for about 24 hrs. It then reverts to showing temp on drivers side. I then go into climate screen and it will show dual and S-flow on! I can’t understand why it worked ok for months and now won't. Can anyone help. Thank you.

Dual is the control for tandem or individual temp setting.

Do you have your smart-key linked to the climate control i.e as you unlock/open the door the system resets the heating control (plus other memory controlled things, such as seats and mirrors) to the last set options?

Thanks for your reply.  I have always used same key and not knowingly programmed it. I have only set seat, mirrors etc for self & wife at time of delivery. Can’t understand why it used to work but doesn’t hold the settings now.  Regards

In ECO mode some features of AC change to spare energy, if there is not an occupant  air flow is directed  only to driver and temperature passenger indicator  goes off.

Hi Dr - I think you are probably correct, but it seemed to work previously with seat unoccupied.

Hi Zotto - Yes, previously I had it in eco mode now I use both modes. It makes no difference.

Thanks both.

Probably you need to have a passenger to read  passenger temp setting; my wife is rather skinny and if she is not properly seated heater and also heated seat does not work ;-).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links