Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GSF/ RCF brake discs

Hello F-ers 😉, looking to replace or upgrade my brake discs on my GSF, it would seem most places I've looked at online just detail RCF discs/ pad sets. Just making sure I don't make a F-up but are the RCF discs the same as the GSF? Any recommendations for aftermarket ones appreciated 😄 Shiny wheel and caliper pic attached for fun 😛

69095266_2596140647103653_5943902306129364880_n.jpg

Hi Kieran

Tim is correct, both models share a great deal of parts, the discs among them.

Front right = 43512-0W100 Front Left = 43516-0W020

We sell the front pair as a set here at £242.39.

Rear Right = 42431-0W050 Rear Left = 42432-0W010

We also have the rear pair as a set, they are on the website here at £258.19. 

Postage is £5.99 and they are available for two working day delivery.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The brembo USA store has front discs that are working out at £160 for the pair after a 10% discount is applied. 

I assume these discs will be more than adequate for my needs.

I am fortunately able to readily travel state side and can pick up from there, so it may well be the best option for me.

Dealer has reported my discs are pitted and a lip is starting to form, to be assessed at next service.

£1700 quote, I did giggle.

53 minutes ago, V8ORBUST said:

am fortunately able to readily travel state side and can pick up from there

Out of interest when is this likely to be? I'm due for service in a month and expecting to be told I need discs so have started eyeing replacements up 😄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, V8ORBUST said:

Dealer has reported my discs are pitted and a lip is starting to form, to be assessed at next service.

Stock discs are 34 mm thick, minimum allowable thickness is 31 mm so you are allowed 1.5 mm lip each side (assuming wear is even). It would have been nice if your dealer actually measured and told you the thickness, but that is hoping for too much 😞

51 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Stock discs are 34 mm thick, minimum allowable thickness is 31 mm so you are allowed 1.5 mm lip each side (assuming wear is even). It would have been nice if your dealer actually measured and told you the thickness, but that is hoping for too much 😞

They've only measured my pad wear, I've got 4mm front and 6mm rear, so no rush on either.

Front disc is forming a lip and is corroded on inner face.

Rear disc scored and corroded on inner face.

Has anybody fitted brembo pads on the front? According to Autozone they fit, but on the brembo site they are listed for the LS460, not RCF.

Part no P83154N 

Cheers

19 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

The EBC reds are listed as LS460's as well, I bought and fitted the fronts without issue, plus much less brake dust and squeal!

My only concern is the brembo store site not mentioning compatibility with the RCF.

I am sure they do fit, but maybe the compound is incorrect? The equivalent Lexus code is different too.

@Comedian purchased some, I'm not sure if he ever fitted them.

@hockeyedwards how do you rate the EBC's so far?

@V8ORBUST Yeah there has been a lot of mention regarding possible incorrect compound.

The EBC's have been great tbh, significantly less brake dust and I have had 0 brake squeal since installing 😄 I'd go with them again next time around as well.

Just now, hockeyedwards said:

@V8ORBUST Yeah there has been a lot of mention regarding possible incorrect compound.

The EBC's have been great tbh, significantly less brake dust and I have had 0 brake squeal since installing 😄 I'd go with them again next time around as well.

Good to know. My detailer said the lexus fitted pads are crazy in terms of dust.

I think I may spend the extra and get the EBC reds. At least we know they work!

As for the rears, they are at 6mm, that's something to worry about later me thinks.

2 minutes ago, V8ORBUST said:

I think I may spend the extra and get the EBC reds. At least we know they work!

Considering the price of Lexus standard pads compared to the EBC's, they are a bargain! I'm due for service next month so I'll know how good the rears are.

The front pads are also ridiculously easy to DIY fit, plus got to deep clean the calipers and wheels 😍

34 minutes ago, V8ORBUST said:

My only concern is the Brembo store site not mentioning compatibility with the RCF.

I am sure they do fit, but maybe the compound is incorrect? The equivalent Lexus code is different too.

Yes they will fit, and yes the compound will be different - no way Lexus are going to let the brakes on an LS squeal. Not sure you can say the compound is wrong - it just won't have the same bite or the same fade resistance - but if you aren't going to use on a track then you probably won't notice any difference day to day. I guess they may be similar to the alternative pads Lexus do under the TSB to stop brake squeal on the RC F, or even one compound lower still.

I'm happy with my EBC pads, can't really tell any difference in feel however I'm still only a few hundred miles in at this point.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The brembos are $75 plus tax, so around $80. I might be able to get 10% of that. So at around £50 they work out less than half the price of the EBC redstuff. 

Might be worth a gamble.

Powerstop Z23 are quite similar to EBC red - £33 from RockAuto but courier/tax costs bring it up somewhat.

https://www.powerstop.com/products/#y=2017&mk=LEXUS&mo=GS F&p=Front

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=8172596&cc=3360987&jsn=2137&jsn=2137&jsn=2137

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the advice guys. I've ultimately ordered the brembo pads (P83154n).

They've worked out at £55 as I could not use the discount code on them.

So that's £230 for brembo pads and discs for the front axle.

Not too bad.

Will have to keep an eye out on the rears 😫

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 3:59 PM, V8ORBUST said:

Thanks for the advice guys. I've ultimately ordered the Brembo pads (P83154n).

What's your current milage and pad thickness?