Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 300h LSD

How are you managing any kind of wheel spin? On ice/snow with the TC off I still couldn't get our IS300H to do a 360 spin, the TC is never really off an cuts in as soon as you get any where near a 180 spin.

Am also not sure why you want a LSD on a 300H. The power delivery is totally unpredictable, even after nearly 5 years of ownership I have no idea when peak power will arrive when I go WOT. Adding a LSD + disabling the TC with the level of unpredictable power delivery means you will be facing the traffic in wrong lane very quickly!

If you really want a LSD though, am sure Quaife can help, but you really have to ask why?

• Like 1

Trust me I've tried to get it do donuts........180 was as far as I could get it to do without cutting the power. An LSD may have helped, the nanny TC system was impossible to fully turn off :(.

23807323423_ce2042829c_b.jpg

I've not tried myself. We only got ours on the road in spring no real good weather yet. and to be honest I don't intend on trying either, although the wife said it's left a few roundabouts sideways with her. 

If the white stuff comes my little polo with a cherry bomb and a handbrake is usually my car of choice. 

Does anyone know if the F-sport models have them as standard or not ? I remember the IS200 Sport and IS300 (2st gen) had them and possibly the IS250 Sport, a spec that kind of got superseded by the F-sport then strangely enough the Sport trim was resurrected on the 3rd gen IS

On 12/19/2019 at 11:34 AM, ghost_killer said:

Does anyone know if the F-sport models have them as standard or not ? I remember the IS200 Sport and IS300 (2st gen) had them and possibly the IS250 Sport, a spec that kind of got superseded by the F-sport then strangely enough the Sport trim was resurrected on the 3rd gen IS

Uk Spec FSports are mechanically identical to normal models,  just minor suspension/damper differences.

Hello,

IS 200t (2.0 petrol engine turbo) model here. I can do donuts on snow all day long. :)

Just push the Traction Control Off button for about 5 seconds or more to disable it completely. The dashboard will tell you when it is disabled.

LE Don't do this on public roads, please!!! Also, in order to get back the TC nanny, just press the TCS off button again, or turn off/on the engine.

On 12/21/2019 at 9:07 PM, Steve44 said:

Uk Spec FSports are mechanically identical to normal models,  just minor suspension/damper differences.

I heard the springs are same but different shocks between F sport and normal spec, wonder why any 3rd gen even F-sport don't have LSD but the 1st gen IS200 Sport & IS300 did, it's taking a step backwards !!

This thread makes me feel old. Not that long ago drifting one of these things would have been the first thing I tried with it lol. 8 months in I still haven't give it a flick

2 hours ago, ghost_killer said:

I heard the springs are same but different shocks between F sport and normal spec, wonder why any 3rd gen even F-sport don't have LSD but the 1st gen IS200 Sport & IS300 did, it's taking a step backwards !!

Because the IS300H has a rubbish drive train and power delivery to really take advantage of a mechanical LSD.

The torque curve is so unpredictable and throttle lags varies from a little to 2-3 seconds I doubt Lewis Hamilton could control one in a drift even if you could 100% disable the TC - which you cannot.

Remeber when F1 cars first had hybrid engines and all the F1 drivers were moaning about 'driverbility', thats the IS300H.

If you want a drift car and slide around corners (why else do you want a LSD) there are plenty of other cars to choose, a IS300H isn't designed for that purpose.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought mine for the quality and cruising comfort. We have an MX5 for silly stuff in corners. One bit of advice, of you're trying to corner hard on public roads, buy an MX5, the steering is so communicative, you can run over a bank note and know the value printed on it. The Lexus isn't designed for anything like this.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Paul Brooksbank said:

I bought mine for the quality and cruising comfort. We have an MX5 for silly stuff in corners. One bit of advice, of you're trying to corner hard on public roads, buy an MX5, the steering is so communicative, you can run over a bank note and know the value printed on it. The Lexus isn't designed for anything like this.

MX5 is a great car for driver communication and very forgiving (unlike a 2.8 Z3 I once owned). 👍

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old post but regarding TRC and making it go sideways idk but I've tried it and it does it just fine once tyres are a bit worn off, also to disable TRC fully you have to be in Park and press n hold the TRC button for a few seconds until TRC and pcs lights appear on the cluster. If you just press it once then it only allows for a wee wheel spin and kicks back in once it reaches 30mph.

By no means it's fun to sideways such a cow of a car but doable

I'd have to agree with the bit about the big grille looking like it would devour people. I'm forever removing small children and wildlife which have been sucked into the vents either side of mine.

• 5 months later...