Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 hours ago, jonthetourist said:

So far so good. Took it into Lexus Cheltenham for its annual service (intermediate) who gave it a clean bill of health. However I had asked them to fix the alignment on the headlights as part of it. They did the dipped beam, but not main. When I called them to point it out, they said main beam can't be adjusted. So I sent them some detail from the US forum on how to do it, and took it back in.

Despite the unbroken Lexus service history it's going in to Osaka next year - they are just so much smarter on these cars.

The paintwork was in good nick, but felt a bit matte. 15 years of London air, I guess. Eventually I got a clay mitt onto it and it is transformed. Much quicker job than I expected too.

Jon

PS Just realised most people won't know the back story. After 4 years with my Irish 430, I decided I couldn't see myself driving anything else, so this year bought the best one I could find, for huge money. One owner, 42k miles, full Lexus service history. 

And I'm sure you'll agree with me that despite the fairly regular negative comments the LS430 is a superb car, certainly the best I've ever driven, and I've had LS400's, but for me the 430 trumps the 400.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The-Acre said:

And I'm sure you'll agree with me that despite the fairly regular negative comments the LS430 is a superb car, certainly the best I've ever driven, and I've had LS400's, but for me the 430 trumps the 400.

I'm always a bit disappointed when I read negative comments on ANY of the LS incarnations. The LS is a superb car - period!  If someone buys one which has had a hard life, the problems are the previous owners, not the car. One of the best bits of advice we read is to get a car with a good service history and then check the previous MOTs. If a car is dirt cheap, there is a reason.

I've never even sat in a 430, having gone straight from the 400 to the 460, but I have no doubt it is, as you say, a superb car.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tulpen said:

I'm always a bit disappointed when I read negative comments on ANY of the LS incarnations. The LS is a superb car - period!  If someone buys one which has had a hard life, the problems are the previous owners, not the car. One of the best bits of advice we read is to get a car with a good service history and then check the previous MOTs. If a car is dirt cheap, there is a reason.

I've never even sat in a 430, having gone straight from the 400 to the 460, but I have no doubt it is, as you say, a superb car.

Well said!  And I agree, cheap ones are so often cheap for a reason.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Well said!  And I agree, cheap ones are so often cheap for a reason.  

And the same applies to expensive ones!

The one previous owner is very wealthy (well lives just off Grosvenor Square anyway), didn't use this car very often, and used the supplying dealer for maintenance every year.

And my favourite colour combo! (carbon quartz / flint mica and cream)

Jon

• Like 2

They bought a toyota hybrid suv thing.  Treat it terribly though. Loading it with rubbish for the tip. 

The more i know of the husband the more i think hed either want silly money or he won't sell and he'll let it rot

aaahhhh the suspense

When you going to ask him lol

A few months ago I got chatting to an old bloke in a  car park about his brand new GS300h - he hadn't even taken the plastic off the rear kick plates and doors - the front one was already scratched - he then went on to say that they were giving them away at 34K - different spectrums of the world eh

25 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

Ive mentioned it to his wife and dropped some not so subtle hints. Like handing a bucket for her to wash it. Fell on death ears. Going back after xmas

Tell her you've got a sideline in environmental scrappage and can get them a better deal on it than any other scrap merchant, with a bonus that it'll be helping the environment. Just don't mention that it's your environment that'll be helped.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

After speaking to the husband.  It appears hes a bit of a dreamer. 

Hes idea is to get it back on the rd and to rent it out.

So it looks like it'll sit there until its completely worthless

15 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

After speaking to the husband.  It appears hes a bit of a dreamer. 

Hes idea is to get it back on the rd and to rent it out.

So it looks like it'll sit there until its completely worthless

Rent it out?  You're right, he's a dreamer!

Who's going to rent it out?! For what?! Nice cars but doubt it's really going to cut it as a wedding car etc.

I had a situation trying to recover some old BMW's from a garden that had been abandoned once they were an MOT failure. Owner was so reluctant to let them go it took so much persuasion. He was adamant they were great and were really special cars. Once I started digging about they were absolutely destroyed. Probably never going to run again and the guy changed his mind and started asking running example money for them. So I had dug them out and spent hours giving him some free gardening basically to have to walk away. Fast forward they are still there and rotten even more...

I'm attached to my car too but I know it's worth it!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I think theyre a little bit eccentric. 

Hes got an 03 Corsa thats sat for 4 years too. Was moaning he'll only get 70 scrap so is thinking of stripping it for parts.

Hes 70 with a heart condition

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links