Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TPMS - Display

Morning! Finally have a solution to show tyre pressures on the dash for the IS 2013-2017 I know its not perfect and showing in kPa as oddly enough the ECU via Techstream is programmed in this unit. In my eyes its better than nothing at least its an indication to identify which Tyre is low when the TPMS light is on. Its not as simple as using techstream. In fact Techstream is not even part of the equation. Its a module that bypasses the TPMS signal from the receiver to the ECU/Canbus/ This Module then communicates with the cluster and displays the pressures.

Still in its development phase but its better than nothing!

Cost some of you might be asking - its around £175

20191218_094721.jpg

Just now, BrunoLeal said:

How can I have this in my car? 😊

Also I have a problem where my car shows the odometer only in miles. Will this same technology help somehow to reprogram it to show kms too?

No idea about the miles conversion bit as I'm pretty sure its quite involving to reprogram the cluster to do as we would assume a simple task. The TPMS module, are you handy around taking trim panels out? you would need to access the TPMS transmitter module in the passenger REAR C pillar trim. To do it properly you would have to strip quite alot to get to that panel.

1 minute ago, noby76 said:

just check your tyres once every week or 2nd week at the filling station and if any is low, the tyre pump machine will tell you.. cost for checking your tyre pressure at the filling station? FREE 😊

Not round my way mate.. 50p these days 🙂

15 minutes ago, Andrew888 said:

No idea about the miles conversion bit as I'm pretty sure its quite involving to reprogram the cluster to do as we would assume a simple task. The TPMS module, are you handy around taking trim panels out? you would need to access the TPMS transmitter module in the passenger REAR C pillar trim. To do it properly you would have to strip quite alot to get to that panel.

I see...I then believe it's too much hassle for the advantages of it. Just really can't understand why car manufactors don't provide proper costumer service with these kinds of "updates" even with additional costs...

25 minutes ago, Andrew888 said:

Not round my way mate.. 50p these days 🙂

i dont think the machines charges for checking the tyre pressure with the nozzle. it only charges for pumping.  at 0.50 pence per visit it will take around 350 trips to the tyre machine in order to break even with the initial investment cost of £175. if you visit once a week you will need 350 weeks which is almost 7 years for initial cost to start paying for itself. 

thing is you will still have to pay 50 pence to get your tyres pumped when the TPMS - Display informs you there is low tyre pressure on one of the tyres anyway ☺️ . in my opinion, the initial cost out weighs the benefit ratio but that's me..

20 minutes ago, noby76 said:

i dont think the machines charges for checking the tyre pressure with the nozzle. it only charges for pumping.  at 0.50 pence per visit it will take around 350 trips to the tyre machine in order to break even with the initial investment cost of £175. if you visit once a week you will need 350 weeks which is almost 7 years for initial cost to start paying for itself. 

thing is you will still have to pay 50 pence to get your tyres pumped when the TPMS - Display informs you there is low tyre pressure on one of the tyres anyway ☺️ . in my opinion, the initial cost out weighs the benefit ratio but that's me..

The air pumps round my way are now new contactless payment ones and the machine wont even turn on the display until you tap your payment in. I find it useful to actually identify which tyre is slowly deflating so I can check whats wrong with it rather than pulling into a petrol station, checking all 4 to determine which was the deflating tyre.

So from my viewpoint despite the cost benefit ratio its handy for how I I want my Lexus to perform no matter how trivial this issue could be to some.

i have carista on my phone and can view each tyre pressure individually

& program new tyre pressure sensors as well , handy if you use a winter set of wheels

Yes, Carista might not satisfy the high end car tuning community but it works well for viewing/updating TPMS stuff. It also does the other option settings which are usually done via Techstream at the dealers. 

Yes, Carista might not satisfy the high end car tuning community but it works well for viewing/updating TPMS stuff. It also does the other option settings which are usually done via Techstream at the dealers. 
I assume you have a Bluetooth obd2 adapter attached?

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, matt8 said:

Curious to know how you've managed to modify the dashboard display, to present information of your choosing (in this case TPMS) on the dashboard, @Andrew888

Its a module I got that works in a daisy chain with the TPMS receiver. This module enables the cluster to show the pressures.

• Thanks 1

Yes also very interested in this. I have been trying to find something similar to interface with my android screen. Cannot believe lexus have not made what you have done as standard, as you have everything there apart from displaying the data...

12 hours ago, Inazone said:

Yes also very interested in this. I have been trying to find something similar to interface with my android screen. Cannot believe lexus have not made what you have done as standard, as you have everything there apart from displaying the data...

Well apparently Carista can read the pressures for you via their smartphone app, If you are seriously interested in having an "OEM" solution albeit reading in KPA and NOT scared about taking interior panels off your car, drop me a message

Well apparently Carista can read the pressures for you via their smartphone app, If you are seriously interested in having an "OEM" solution albeit reading in KPA and NOT scared about taking interior panels off your car, drop me a message
Haha I think I have had most of my interior out of the car and I have seen the module at the back passenger side. Is your module plug and play?

2 hours ago, Inazone said:

Haha I think I have had most of my interior out of the car and I have seen the module at the back passenger side. Is your module plug and play?

Yes it is