Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Lexus UX 300e EV premiers to day. Looks exactly the same as my hybrid. There is a fuel gauge showing so there must be a get you home engine. Range is quoted as 249 miles so I suspect just over 200 is realistic. 

hi richard i also had the email earlier on today

initially i thought it was a Battery level gauge but it does look like a fuel symbol now you have mentioned it,

hopefully it will have a quick charge time when charging from home

about a month ago i looked at an E-Golf it had a 115 mile range and took 7.5hrs to charge from a home 32A wall charger

or 17.5hrs from a 3 pin plug and overall i could save possibly £5 / week but have to be tethered to the electricity grid

hopefully lexus can reduce the charge times for this car

My daughter has just bought an E Golf and you are correct in what you say. However whilst it has its limitations, it suits their lifestyle and was particularly good value on a lease basis. They are very pleased so far, and with the right electricity supplier at certain times they will actually pay you to charge in the night time.

On 12/18/2019 at 1:05 PM, Richard1200 said:

The Lexus UX 300e EV premiers to day. Looks exactly the same as my hybrid. There is a fuel gauge showing so there must be a get you home engine. Range is quoted as 249 miles so I suspect just over 200 is realistic. 

richard

the symbol you can see is a wall charger and the cable coming from it not a petrol fuel gauge

• 3 months later...

Considering a UX all electric?  I am after I trade my 2019 EX300h in after my PCP ends.   However by 2023  if Lexus have not done something about the range by 2023 and still offer the UX which will do no more than 300 miles then No I will stay with a hybrid.   If by 2023 Lexus have got their Battery technology further on and can offer a min of 500 miles range then Yes, however there is one more criteria for me and that is Lexus will have to do what Tesla have done and have a designated Lexus only charging network across the whole of the UK.   Tesla have 16000 charging stations in the US and each station has around 25 charging points so plenty of opportunity to recharge.  Moreover because the network is Tesla's  there is no dependency of outside suppliers for the electric and the payment system is much simpler.   In this country we have at least 6 electric suppliers all insisting you have their app on your phone and that you have an account with your chosen supplier.   My friend was caught out when he tried to charge his car at a motorway stop only to discover the charging point was not one of the 3 suppliers he had an app for so ended up calling out his recovery agent.    3 apps on your phone and 3 separate payment accounts on your phone, No Thanks.    That is why Lexus need to follow Tesla's lead in this country and develop their own charging stations, coupled to a contactless debit or credit card payment method.   Simples.

It seems Lexus will give a wall charger with UX, but  to have a faster charge you need a greater electric supply at home. Actually, in daily use it' s more than sufficient a night recharge, while for long trips you need a fast charge "on the road". So, the Lexus choice of an electric Urban Crossover  has more sense; if one needs to have long trips with quite fast refueling hybrid choice is better.

The whole issue of electric cars is not confined to Toyota/Lexus, it is an industry wide problem, which will need sorting if EV’s are to be taken seriously. The reality is that Tesla are way ahead of the game in all areas, but predominantly the software, so all the others are playing catch up.

I guess even Tesla who, I agree, lead the industry on electric vehicles but even Tesla still can't give customers cars that will do 500 guaranteed miles before a charge. Moreover the quality issues of their build is way behind the  long established car makers.   Saw a video on Youtube on a brand new Tesla with delivery  miles on the clock  being examined prior to a significant amount of detailing including obvious thin paint, dirt nibs and sanding marks all over the car.  Lexus will always give quality but in years to come the industry will have either sorted Battery technology and therefore range or they won't ensuring electric cars will only be for the school run, local shopping trips  and round trips of a 250 miles so you can get back home to charge up.  Any manufacturer who can assure their car will do 500 miles or more before a re charge will corner the market. i hope it will be Lexus.