Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Door handle posision.

My outside left back outside door handle dont get back to the corect posision vhen used, stop about 1-2cm from the corect posison and i have to push it to get it right, i am thinking that some oil vould help but like to ask here first, the funktion is ok and i think the problem is bigger in the winter time due to cold weather. Not a big problem but nice to get it fixed.

A little oil...light machine oil or something like WD40 wouldn't be a bad idea to try. A little at a time though!!

If you can, try and have a look at the mechanism to see if anything is stuck in there...leaf debris perhaps? or similar.

Having oiled the area give it a few pulls back and forth to work the oil into the moving parts.

Hopefully, the handle will then return to its stop position.

3 hours ago, normski2 said:

A little oil...light machine oil or something like WD40 wouldn't be a bad idea to try. A little at a time though!!

If you can, try and have a look at the mechanism to see if anything is stuck in there...leaf debris perhaps? or similar.

Having oiled the area give it a few pulls back and forth to work the oil into the moving parts.

Hopefully, the handle will then return to its stop position.

Hope so, i wil try to take of the inside panel and use som WD40 or 556, but i think i leave it like this until spring.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 11:56 AM, normski2 said:

Personally I would avoid WD40 (water dispersant 40days) and use a silicone spray or grease. 

7 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

Personally I would avoid WD40 (water dispersant 40days) and use a silicone spray or grease. 

I will try that, had a new experience with the door handle yesterday with minus 10 celsius the door would'nt open at all, the handle on the outside and inside did'nt move the locking at all, but when i moved the lock button i could open the door again from both sides, but then the central lock did'nt lock that door. So it seems to be some grease or oil in the right place that will solve the problem.

• 1 month later...