Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Extra button - what’s it do?

Kmcorky

That same type of button appears on a lot of RX400h cars and is to switch the front parking sensors on/off. The sensors were a dealer option, not a factory fit, so the extra switch was needed.

I doubt it'll be the same for a 2016 car but it's worth a check.

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same button but mine is not actually Lexus (sorry) even though reports on this forum suggest its the same family. It's my newly purchased MY05 Outback (3.0L 6 cylinder) and have been experimenting with said button.

From said experimentation it seems as though it does a few things but the most important of them all is, to annoy me.

1. Seems like it beeps when temps are going down.

2. Seems like it beeps when I'm too close to the car in front when parking up and if I don't acknowedge that said button knows better than me, the bleeping gets more aggressive and annoying.

3. When I turn the car on from cold it keeps beeping if I drive off immediately but seems to reduce said beeping when the temps have gotten to acceptable range in the dash board.

4. Just beeps randomly when none of the above are relevant... so I try and keep it in the off position as it was probably most of its life. .

Looking forward to hwaring what dealers say. My inkling says that they won't have a clue

That would suggest to me that the button controls front parking sensors and that yours just happen to be faulty. Try cleaning them and see what happens.

On 12/19/2019 at 9:02 PM, Kmcorky said:

Hi All, new here.

Anyone know What this button could be? I picked up my 2016 CT200h Luxury Monday and then noticed this but not sure what it does?

2C948671-82F3-45D8-BC0E-4128D23AE348.jpeg

I'm in danger of appearing flippant - - - - - but does that button illuminate the yellow arrow beneath it?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Herbie said:

That would suggest to me that the button controls front parking sensors and that yours just happen to be faulty. Try cleaning them and see what happens.

Thanks Herbie... I shall indeed try that 

• Like 1