Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rattle from boot , patient NX300H

After 6 month of trouble free owning an NX 300H I am a little bit worried about rattle coming out  from the boot , I have removed everything  apart spare wheel and still something is banging... The noise can be heard at low speed , has anyone experienced similar problem ?  Regards Wes

4 hours ago, wesk said:

After 6 month of trouble free owning an NX 300H I am a little bit worried about rattle coming out  from the boot , I have removed everything  apart spare wheel and still something is banging... The noise can be heard at low speed , has anyone experienced similar problem ?  Regards Wes

May be a long shot but I got a rattle/vibration noise on my nx. Turned out to be the rear number plate vibrating. Quicly fixed by the garage using double sided tape. Been perfect since.

14 hours ago, Eggie said:

May be a long shot but I got a rattle/vibration noise on my nx. Turned out to be the rear number plate vibrating. Quicly fixed by the garage using double sided tape. Been perfect since.

Certainly the number plate my last RX was aluminium and rattled from time to time, so might be a good starting point. Also have you made sure the spare wheel metalwork is not chafing the wheel well. If the spare wheel is fixed with a screw thread then some silicone grease on the thread +around the fixing that sits in the centre of the spare wheel may help. 

I had the same issue, which was also resolved with thick double sided tape. The NX has a large speaker built into the hatch door. Music played advice a certain volume, or music with fairly heavy bass would cause the number plate to rattle/vibrate against the door.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10 Plus using Tapatalk

On 12/20/2019 at 5:55 PM, wesk said:

^^ Apart from checking the number plate as others have suggested, it is worth changing the angle the rear seats sit at to either the more upright or reclined position (whichever they aren't at currently). I can't explain why, but at one point I had a slight rattle and moving the seat position (and then moving it back!) resolved the issue. Also check where the rear seatbelt buckle is sitting (although from you original post I guess you've tried that already). 

I have a boot liner in mine. Removing it got rid of the rattle.  My fix was to put an old dust sheet between the boot liner and the boot floor. I think the chrome boot floor handle was rattling against the boot liner. No more rattle.

Hope you've cured yours.

Another thought... What position is your rear armrest in? When mine is lowered down with no passenger sitting in the rear, the cupholder within it rattles.

Also, check that no one has left anything in the cup holder.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10 Plus using Tapatalk