Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I never knew this feature about the Mark 1 LS400 . . . .

I was just watching this video about the LS400

If you forward to 5:35 he talks about and shows the warning lights which are projected down from above the cluster - I never new that - was this a standard setup on all of them or was it just USA only?

Have any of you guys seen this?

I have a mark 1 for a brief period and I don't remember seeing this feature

• Like 1

I was just watching this video about the LS400
If you forward to 5:35 he talks about and shows the warning lights which are projected down from above the cluster - I never new that - was this a standard setup on all of them or was it just USA only?
Have any of you guys seen this?
I have a mark 1 for a brief period and I don't remember seeing this feature

It was standard. My 1993 has it. It's just a shame it wasn't for all lights like the indicators and headlight ones too.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The lights and bulbs were actually in the top of the binnacle surround and it came away with two or three screws as a seperate piece in fact the bulbs were easier to get at than on the later models which requires the instrument cluster removal and then some separation of that to get at the bulbs.

When I bought a second donor car for my Mark 1 I stripped it bare and that included the instrument panel which is one of the benefits of getting a donor car for spares you get to pull it apart as a no risk learning tool.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On my last long drive with my Mk 4 LS400 before selling it, the low winter sun in my eyes....my mate and fellow LS400 owner pointed out the mini sun visor above the rear view mirror.

I'd driven that car for over four years in total and never noticed that feature before!

• Sad 1

On my last long drive with my Mk 4 LS400 before selling it, the low winter sun in my eyes....my mate and fellow LS400 owner pointed out the mini sun visor above the rear view mirror.
I'd driven that car for over four years in total and never noticed that feature before!
I love this little thing! My Camry had it too. Useful even with the shade band on the window. [emoji1360]

How about that different colours of the LS came with different coloured shade bands and window tints. My Champagne LS has a grey tint and the Oxford Blue one I have has a blue tint to the windows. [emoji6]

1 minute ago, ajchetcuti said:

shade bands and window tints.

I had this mentioned to me when replacing a broken windscreen ( or two ) to try to get the correct replacement

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links