Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2016 F Sport possible purchase.

Hi all

Looking at purchasing a 2016 NX FSport. Just a few queries... 

What should I expect to see under the boot tray? I can't see a spare wheel or tools. Is this normal? 

Is Sport+ standard on all FSport or is this only available as an optional pack? 

Being over 3 years old the warranty would have expired. Any ideas on how much a lexus extended warranty would cost? 

Any problems with red leather interiors? 

Any other tips worth checking before purchasing an NX? 

Thanks and merry Xmas. 

If the car is Lexus approved it will have 12 months Lexus warranty. 

Make sure you have a good long test drive. 

In 2018 I wanted an NX and after 10 miles had a bad back. 

I ended up with a 2015 gen 3 RX450h which is probably as good on mpg and for me far more comfortable. 

There have recently been people on here who have bought a new NX and sold within weeks because of back discomfort. 

Good hunting 

Agree that a long test drive is advisable but I can honestly say that I reckon the NX to be the most comfortable car that I have ever driven and owned - and that's quite a few! Many passengers have also commented on the comfort, looks and finish of the NX. I don't think that you will be disappointed. Its a great car. 

I have the ochre (cream) leather interior which after nearly 21 months looks as good as new so imagine that the red interior should be equally hard wearing. 

Happy Christmas to all. 

• Like 1

As others have said, watch out for the seating position and comfort. I found that if I set the seat correctly for my legs, I couldn’t get comfortable with the steering wheel position, just wanted it an inch or two closer to me.

• Like 1

Seat comfort is a very personal thing, especially for those with back or other physical issues. A thorough test drive is an essential for any vehicle purchase. I think apart from @olliesgrandadthere may have been two or three others who noted seat comfort as an issue on the NX - there was one who sold early because of it, although that whole thread was very odd - but it is generally thought of by most posters here as very comfortable. Have a look around on the forum if you haven't already.

Personally I agree with @Ken R. My NX is the most comfortable car I've ever owned, and I have a disability affecting my back, hips and legs so that is very important to me. Just because others say a car is comfortable or not doesn't matter - the only person who can make the decision is you, so don't be swayed either way. Most members on here note how comfortable the bigger RX is, but it doesn't work for me at all. Generally I find BMW seats awful, but Mercedes seats excellent - it's all about my own circumstances and preferences.

Other than that and based on my own experience, there's not much to look out for other than normal used car checks. The front gets stone chips quite a lot, and diamond cut alloys can corrode. Driving wise it isn't a sports car, and IMHO appreciates being driven smoothly. The eCVT isn't to everybody's taste, but learn to drive it smoothly and it's a great thing.

Economy wise you should get 38-42mpg pretty easily.

Good luck! 

• Like 2