Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I get major interference on the radio when I switch on the rear window heater.

I gather this could be something wrong with either the electrics (some capacitor??) or the heater itself.

How do I go about diagnosing the fault without replacing the parts one at a time as this could get expensive!!

it is an 06 IS220d

Thanks

ive seen in the past on the IS as the radio aerial is in the screen that putting tinit on causes the metal in the film and the aerial wires to short, this more so when you switch the rear heater on

No aftermarket film on windows.  As far as I remember it clears evenly however quite slowly; i'll have to wait for the colder weather again and try it out.

I have a rummage around and see if I can find the terminals after Christmas...

• 1 month later...

Hello All.

I’m new to the Lexus Family having just purchased my first 2 weeks ago.  Have read with interest this topic.  I am experiencing interference when listening to the radio if I switch on the demister.  I appear to have some elements not working predominantly on the near side.  I had assumed the aerial would run on a separate line or lines across the screen and not the entire track but I really don’t know.  So do you chaps think the answer is a replacement rear screen or is the a fault elsewhere. 
Look forward to reading your thoughts.

Keep Smiling 😀

It's quite a common fault on various brands, as I've experienced it in my previous IS250, and a Honda Accord I once owned. A good wipe on the inside of the glass with some glass cleaner, always did the trick for me. Give it a try.

9 hours ago, JRG1 said:

Hello All.

I’m new to the Lexus Family having just purchased my first 2 weeks ago.  Have read with interest this topic.  I am experiencing interference when listening to the radio if I switch on the demister.  I appear to have some elements not working predominantly on the near side.  I had assumed the aerial would run on a separate line or lines across the screen and not the entire track but I really don’t know.  So do you chaps think the answer is a replacement rear screen or is the a fault elsewhere. 
Look forward to reading your thoughts.

Keep Smiling 😀

As far as i believe, on the 250 at least (can see you have a GS but it is probably the same) The radio aerial is integrated into the heating element and i an sure it is the element that is the middle vertical one. You will probably find that the elements have dried up and flaking off the glass if the radio reception is going.

4 hours ago, Ernie Moore said:

I removed the radio and sat nav display unit when i put it all back together I have no power in either unit what have I done wrong 

Got to ask, are you sure all the power leads are connected?

+1 on making sure a plug/loom has not been missed out as there are a lot of them! Especially if it falls Back into rear of dash space. Also the connection on the side of the unit has got the same plug configuration ( should not have been designed like it!) as one of the ones that go in the bottom row so check these have not been reversed.