Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus 2018 NX300h Rear Bumper Removal

Hi Everyone

Before I make this request (and apologies if this has already been requested previously, I did check but didn't see a similar post (although I am new to this usage of this brilliant site)), I'd like to wish everyone a happy new year.

Over the Christmas holiday, I managed to reverse (slowly) in to a low traffic bollard. The bollard was unharmed however, the rear offside wheel arch liner is now protruding out and, although I have tried, it won't pop back in to place. I have attached a photo of the area. The bumper is completely unmarked. It looks as though the small amount of force was taken at the rear dummy exhaust area and this pushed the bumper up which then pushed the bumper retaining block on teh inside of the wheel arch liner out of position. It has also sheered off a rear wheel arch liner plastic retaining clip.

So the questions that I have are two-fold.

1 - Is it possible to buy an electronic workshop repair manual for a 2018 Lexus NX300h

2 - Are there any free online resources that I could access that would show me how to get the rear bumper off so that I can see what damage has been done ? or can anyone advise me on whether I should be attempting this job and, if so, how to go about it ?

Any help / advice would be gratefully received

Best wishes

Ed

IMG_2018.JPG

IMG_2017.JPG

Sorry this has happened. If you have gone over a bollard  and things won't go back into place there may be a lot more damage than you think. 

I would be very reluctant to start stripping the car as when you start undoing things body components may spring apart and leave you with more issues. 

There could easily be big ticket damage behind that bumper cover so personally I'd be thinking insurance. 

• Like 1

Looks like there's a small bit of damage to the panel which the arch fit's against, I would chance your arm at your local dealer?
If they don't they should give you a price.
Another option if you know of any bodyshop repairers make the inquiry, I had it with my daughter Toyota in and the bloke just bent it back to shape and clipped the bumper back on I gave him 20 both happy

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, malcolmw said:

Sorry to hear about your little knock. I thought that the 2018 NX had Smart Parking Sensors which actually stop you before you hit the obstruction - or is this just the 2019 updates?

You would think, I scraped the bottom of my bumper because the sensors thought the wall was further away. 

• 4 years later...

Hi all. I understand that a lot of time has passed and the bumper has been removed for a long time... But not so long ago I also removed the bumper and found a good manual with diagrams where all the fasteners are indicated https://remont-bampera.com/en/lexus-nx-200-2015-2021 

Perhaps it will be useful for someone.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links