Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

rx450h 2010 power door not working

Hi,

Power Tailgate stop working after 12V Battery discharged. Right after 12v Battery discharged I charged Battery to right voltage nad tail gate work just fine. Day after when I press inside button or fob or button in a door nothing happen. Door are not stuck because I unlock them manualy form inside. I check all fuses and all of them are fine. I try also power door button in a glove box.

Just to mention trunk compartment light do not work too. They work before. Maybe  someone will be able to help. I search both  us and uk lexus forum but noone have same problem. Thank you in advance.

I've done quick test and I disconnect 12v Battery for few minutes and connected again and compartment light come on and I hear short sound from door motor. Power cut off after few second.

When I try to close the trunk using door button it ony beep twice and do not start closing. Also door closing mechanism do not pull the door to fully close it.

I know this post is years old, but to help anyone who is searching for a solution to the tailgate problem after having a dead Battery.
Forget the solutions using the switch at the glove box. Do however make sure it's in the correct position.
What I have found with every Battery change (or dead battery) the tailgate needs to be reset. To do this:
Lock the car using the remote, wait about 30 seconds then unlock the car. Open the tailagte using the car button (not the fob) then close it after a few seconds.
This has fixed the open/close issue everytime for me.

• Like 1