Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Big hello

Houghy

Hi all

I'm Dan, I have a 53 plate RX300. Been quite lucky had her a few years and general hasn't cost me much, other than servicing. But I have joined as an issue has happened... Oh I'm based in the UK

Anyway nice to me you all

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Houghy said:

Hi all

I'm Dan, I have a 53 plate RX300. Been quite lucky had her a few years and general hasn't cost me much, other than servicing. But I have joined as an issue has happened... Oh I'm based in the UK

Welcome to the LOC Dan, and what would be the issue?

I lived in Herefordshire for six years, a beautiful county!

Little edit, I see you've already mentioned your issue!

15 hours ago, Houghy said:

Hi all

Hi Dan. Welcome to LOC. I also live in north Herefordshire near Leintwardine is that far from you?
I rarely see Lexus vehicles out here just one SC430 that is local to me possibly because there is no dealer within 50 miles. Post you issue, and no doubt someone will have advice for you.

John.

30 minutes ago, Houghy said:

Your are a out 3 miles from me, I'm at leinthall starks, small world

I am closer than you think. I am in Wigmore.
I have a new set of tailored mats in black for an RX450H, and I think they fit the RX300. If they are of any use you can have them.

John.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Britprius said:

For the information of other LOC members Wigmore "where I live", and Leinthall Starks "where Houghy lives" are only about one mile apart.

John.

You realise you'll see each other everywhere now!  I used to live in Munderfield near Bromyard.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Houghy said:

Nice, I will look out for your posh car, we only moved in to leinthall Starks in September, its a nice little village

It's the one with a big dent in the OSR door.
Problem is Leinthall does not have a pub!! I have a number of friends in Leinthall, but in that area almost everyone knows everyone.

John.

Just now, The-Acre said:

You realise you'll see each other everywhere now!  I used to live in Munderfield near Bromyard.

I bet I see him in my local  "The Oak" the nearest pub by miles.
Bromyard is not that far away. We are further west almost in Wales only a couple of miles to the boarder.

John.

• Like 1

Me and my twin Sister went to School in Wigmore.

Moved to Herefordshire in 1991 and left in 1994. Lived on a common near Aymestry. I was 12 and loved the place. I could walk miles as the cottage was up a remote track and surrounded by the hillside, iron Age hill fort and fish ponds backing onto croft castle.

We moved as my Grandad couldn't stand the track/mud and remoteness and moved back to Birmingham. We bought a Subaru mark 1 and Subaru 1800 for the track and even had a Bratt pickup.

We still go and see the people who bought it off us and its a lovely day out and lovely people!

James.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamesIS220 said:

Me and my twin Sister went to School in Wigmore.

Moved to Herefordshire in 1991 and left in 1994. Lived on a common near Aymestry. I was 12 and loved the place. I could walk miles as the cottage was up a remote track and surrounded by the hillside, iron Age hill fort and fish ponds backing onto croft castle.

We moved as my Grandad couldn't stand the track/mud and remoteness and moved back to Birmingham. We bought a Subaru mark 1 and Subaru 1800 for the track and even had a Bratt pickup.

We still go and see the people who bought it off us and its a lovely day out and lovely people!

James.

Hi James. The school is still there, and very sort after as it has very high results.
As you know the area has lots of history. I live in Castle St a narrow lane with old black, and white cottages that leads up to the derelict Wigmore Castle. A lot of the cottages were built for the industry of the day like candle making, the saddle maker, and nail maker. The castle was blown up to stop it being captured in the war of the roses.
The people around here are very friendly, and helpful. If you mention in the local you need something next day it appears on your doorstep, and people have time to stop and say hello. Going into the local shop run, and staffed by volunteers is not just a matter of picking up what you want, and paying for it, but more a social event. They serve tea or coffee, and fresh locally made farm pies that they will warm for you if you wish.
Of course everyone around knows whats going on, but that is small village life.
What area of Birmingham are you now in? I grew up in Bournville, and  Sutton Coldfield.   

John. 

Hi,

We used to enjoy a walk up to the castle. The school was very sought after when I was there. We left the area when I was 15 and moved to Harborne Birmingham. My Grandparents bought a double fronted Georgian end terrace right at a busy junction 427 harborne road, that was grade 2 listed built 1740. We lived there for 3 years then moved to Penolver, in Porthleven,  cornwall. Lived there for a year and moved back to Birmingham. Then moved to Normandy France. There for 7.5 years and then county Kerry for 2.5 years. Back to the UK and I bought a Narrowboat, live Near Alrewas, Staffordshire. Been on the boat for 8 years now and suits me.

James.

1 minute ago, JamesIS220 said:

Hi,

We used to enjoy a walk up to the castle. The school was very sought after when I was there. We left the area when I was 15 and moved to Harborne Birmingham. My Grandparents bought a double fronted Georgian end terrace right at a busy junction 427 harborne road, that was grade 2 listed built 1740. We lived there for 3 years then moved to Penolver, in Porthleven,  cornwall. Lived there for a year and moved back to Birmingham. Then moved to Normandy France. There for 7.5 years and then county Kerry for 2.5 years. Back to the UK and I bought a Narrowboat, live Near Alrewas, Staffordshire. Been on the boat for 8 years now and suits me.

James.

When I lived in Sutton in my late teens, and driving. used to go out close to Alrewas to the car sprint circuit at Curborough, and the Swan with two necks. I belonged to the Shenstone, and district car club. One of the oldest car clubs in the country. Meetings were held at the Bull at Shenstone.

You have traveled considerably in your life.

John. 

• Thanks 1