Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aldi anti theft key wallet

Mincey

Afternoon all,

Whilst perusing the offers in my local Aldi, I noticed a twin pack of anti theft key wallets for the bargain price of £4.99. This seemed too good to refuse, so I took the plunge. In the car park, I put my key into one of the wallets and then tried to open the door. Failure - it opened! I then tried the key in the second of the two pockets and success. There was no interest from my car at all no matter how close I dangled the wallet enclosed key. At home, the main and spare key are in the centre of the house, so they "should" be safe from ne'er do wells, but when I'm away on business it would be good to have a little more security. For £4.99, you can't really go wrong. For some reason, my photo of the packaged items won't upload, but I have attached one showing which pocket the key should be put in for maximum invisibility. Obviously the key ring came off before I put the key away!

2019-12-29 14.12.55.jpg

• Like 3

I've got the Defender wallet which I use when at home. It's a bit bigger so you can get a keyring, passport, contactless cards etc. in as well.

I noticed in the 2018 CT I can turn off keyless entry in the setting menu, which wasn't an option on the 2014 model year - I've been using this when on holiday without the wallet. As above, the keys need to be in the lined part with the top shut for it work fully block the signal. £4.99 is a good price, especially for a pair.