Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Getting my first ISF this week, anything I should insist on from the dealer?

Traction this time of year can certainly be a challenge, especially on summer tyres. It really isnt a wild tail happy beast once you get used to it though as long as you have decent rubber, I had that initial impression after the first few weeks I picked it up were very wet plus I came from a quattro. Now i am happy to press on and my limits are reached before the cars!

• Like 1

Traction this time of year can certainly be a challenge, especially on summer tyres. It really isnt a wild tail happy beast once you get used to it though as long as you have decent rubber, I had that initial impression after the first few weeks I picked it up were very wet plus I came from a quattro. Now i am happy to press on and my limits are reached before the cars!

Good to know. The tyres seem quite skinny at 255 for such a powerful car. I'd imagine that's half the reason it spins tyres so much. Anyone out anything faster on the back?

I went 275 at the rear (245 at the front) and its made a bit of a difference. Agree with CB above that I was the same the first few weeks, it felt tail happy in the wet at first but you do get used to it. 

• Like 1

The maps are well out of date. I asked the dealer to put the latest ones on and he said they were no updates which was obviously bollocks, but at least I got him to say the latest available were on it so he will have to update them if I can prove otherwise [emoji849]

Are there current maps available for the ISF?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Irish ISF said:

The maps are well out of date. I asked the dealer to put the latest ones on and he said they were no updates which was obviously bollocks, but at least I got him to say the latest available were on it so he will have to update them if I can prove otherwise emoji849.png

Are there current maps available for the ISF?

The system in pre 2011 is rubbish, I always use my phone or my Garmin, mine is only partial postcodes and is a total pain in the @@@@ unless u have the FULL address. There is no software update to remedy the problem 🙄 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that is annoying me is when I open the door to get out, all the other doors remain locked. So when I get out and go to open the boot or the back doors I have to reopen my door and press the unlock button. Anyway to change this? Or why is it doing it? I've never had a car which does this before.

17 minutes ago, Irish ISF said:

One thing that is annoying me is when I open the door to get out, all the other doors remain locked. So when I get out and go to open the boot or the back doors I have to reopen my door and press the unlock button. Anyway to change this? Or why is it doing it? I've never had a car which does this before.

That’s a strange one, mine self locks but will only open when put in “P” or I unlock it on the door card, are all your windows working ok/drivers control/individually?......I know these need a sort of coding/synchronising from drivers door if Battery is changed......possibly something similar 

• Like 1

Here are a few photos. I'm absolutely loving it now. I know I'm enjoying a car when I am driving it everywhere! I've almost 1000 miles done since I got it and almost all of those were for pleasure.0f846a4378cc5d888e60c000ab21226c.jpgf6ab408b76509457c7ce6920b27e9fef.jpgd543b1bd895eae752bcf8c937c20af63.jpg

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

1.5 month update. Best car I've ever owned. I've driven 2000 miles and I don't even need a car for my commute. I've to try limiting myself to one tank of petrol a week as I just keep going on pointless drives.

Shockingly quick yesterday too even against another dream car of mine, an Alfa Romeo Giulia QV. I thought he would leave me for dead.

The dealers have been very impressive. The original dealer agreed to do a few jobs for me through my local Lexus dealer. They also paid for a full set of new tyres as I wasn't happy with the ditchfinders. That local dealer damaged my freshly refurbished alloys while changing the tyres. But they told me about it, booked it in for repair and gave me a brand new is300h for two days while they repaired the wheels.

All that might make me even happier is a cat back system.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Irish ISF said:

1.5 month update. Best car I've ever owned. I've driven 2000 miles and I don't even need a car for my commute. I've to try limiting myself to one tank of petrol a week as I just keep going on pointless drives.

Shockingly quick yesterday too even against another dream car of mine, an Alfa Romeo Giulia QV. I thought he would leave me for dead.

The dealers have been very impressive. The original dealer agreed to do a few jobs for me through my local Lexus dealer. They also paid for a full set of new tyres as I wasn't happy with the ditchfinders. That local dealer damaged my freshly refurbished alloys while changing the tyres. But they told me about it, booked it in for repair and gave me a brand new is300h for two days while they repaired the wheels.

Maybe stretch to 1 and a half tanks in the week 😄 the ISF is a fantastic car indeed.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2020 at 2:49 PM, Irish ISF said:

H&S near me will make a cat back system for mail order, cost is probably around £1200/1300.......plus shipping I’d imagine, I opted for a cat back by another local company to me, mine was the first system he’d done on an ISF and cost me £720 from memory, best £720 I’ve spent, absolutely love to hear it 👍🏻

• Like 2

H&S near me will make a cat back system for mail order, cost is probably around £1200/1300.......plus shipping I’d imagine, I opted for a cat back by another local company to me, mine was the first system he’d done on an ISF and cost me £720 from memory, best £720 I’ve spent, absolutely love to hear it [emoji1303]
Did you leave all the cats in? I've heard that a less restrictive system will result in a relatively sizeable power gain on these. Any good threads or advice about this here?

46 minutes ago, Irish ISF said:
3 hours ago, Womble72 said:
H&S near me will make a cat back system for mail order, cost is probably around £1200/1300.......plus shipping I’d imagine, I opted for a cat back by another local company to me, mine was the first system he’d done on an ISF and cost me £720 from memory, best £720 I’ve spent, absolutely love to hear it emoji1303.png

Did you leave all the cats in? I've heard that a less restrictive system will result in a relatively sizeable power gain on these. Any good threads or advice about this here?

Yeah, I left them in, had a resonator removal and a small box in its place, smaller rear boxes, it made a noticeable difference and again after having bigger bore manifolds fitted, possibly thinking about a Lems air intake.....that’ll probably be it for me, possibly be about 440ish BHP......May even look into rolling it for exact figures later in the year

• Like 1