Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exughst spec

Highviss

Hi, can anyone give some advice on building my own exughst for my 2006 220 L  any information would be gratefully welcomed, the car is untouched at the moment but I am planning to have EGR valve blanked and an emulator in place, also the particle filter guts are coming out. Thank you in advance.

Tony I am sorry to say this , but your unlikely to get much assistance here with making  illegal modifications to your exhaust system. The mods you are anticipating would both be an instant MOT failure with the new regulations, but perhaps you already know this.

John.

Building your own exhaust system? You are either nuts or an extremely experienced metal fabricator. You'd have to go stainless so that requires more experience. It would be cheaper to buy an exhaust system. 

Blanking the EGR is an excellent idea but I'm not sureyou have to tell the ECU but with it being a 2006 car I'd doubt it.

As for gutting the DPF then as stated above that'd be an MOT failure unless the metal around where the filter material is is much thicker than the rest of the system. A thickness that when struck by a hammer would suggest DPF intact. 

21 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Blanking the EGR is an excellent idea but I'm not sure you have to tell the ECU but with it being a 2006 car I'd doubt it.

This would also be a major MoT test failure, if the tester can be bothered to look.

8.2.2.1. Exhaust emission control equipment

My personal experience of blanking an EGR was on a MG ZT diesel. The EGR was replaced with a body that looked like the EGR with all entrance and exits which connected to the original pipes associated with the EGR. I had that unit many years and my car never failed an MOT.  From what I've read in your link the EGR has only a visible check so that presents no problem in blanking. A remap also will improve exhaust emissions.