Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Door Mirrors

joemg

Hello,

I'm in the US and I'm looking to retrofit the power folding door mirrors to my sc430.  I had a few questions I'm hoping you guys can help me with:

1) Did all EUDM sc430s come with power folding mirrors?

2) Do you have any recommendations for junkyards or parts recycler websites where I might find reasonably priced door mirrors?

3) Do any of you have the wiring diagram for the 13 wire harness (I believe USDM has 11 wires, I'm guessing the other 2 are power and ground but I want to be sure)

This is the only pic/video I've found of someone who has done it.  They used a custom button, but I've tracked down the OEM button to use on mine, just trying to figure out how to wire it all if I can find the mirrors.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hi Joe

I can't find a wiring diagram for the mirrors, Retroplay on clublexus looked into this before and we confirmed the mirrors swivel on the button and have the option to tilt down when reverse gear is selected. Try these people for the parts. 

www.1stchoice.co.uk/quotes/while-you-wait/REQ-AD8FB4B they are showing results for door mirrors.

Search for UK Lexus breakers and you will find there are a few. 

28 minutes ago, Neil E said:

Hi Joe

I can't find a wiring diagram for the mirrors, Retroplay on clublexus looked into this before and we confirmed the mirrors swivel on the button and have the option to tilt down when reverse gear is selected. Try these people for the parts. 

www.1stchoice.co.uk/quotes/while-you-wait/REQ-AD8FB4B they are showing results for door mirrors.

Search for UK Lexus breakers and you will find there are a few. 

Thank you for the info!  I will check them out and search for some other breakers.

I saw one of retroplay's threads about it (below), but I didn't see any threads on CL or here where functionality was confirmed, do you have a link to that by any chance?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc430-2nd-gen-2001-2010/808258-do-your-side-mirrors-automatically-retract.html

To clarify, are you saying he was able to just plug in the mirrors and the UK button below (which I was actually able to find aleady) and it just worked?  I thought for sure I would have to run wires.

13_5076b9e939d0cd3fe6b05f05915ac4f24593f

• Like 1

Hi Joe, I don't think Retroplay actually fitted the mirrors, I think it was just an observation that the Japanese /UK spec cars have the folding mirror feature.

IF the mirrors are controlled by the door modules then that might help but I haven't been able to find anything to confirm it. If there are US and UK versions then they may not be inter-changeable as they control other features, it's going to take some research.  

There is another thread about this 

I have brought one of these  https://vod.ebay.co.uk/vod/FetchOrderDetails?itemid=113131215767&transid=2022336552001&ul_noapp=true and will be attempting to fit in the New Year. Wiring diagram that came with it looks fairly straight forward,see attached. Will let you know how I get on..

IMG_20191231_0001.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WESTIE said:

There is another thread about this 

I have brought one of these  https://vod.ebay.co.uk/vod/FetchOrderDetails?itemid=113131215767&transid=2022336552001&ul_noapp=true and will be attempting to fit in the New Year. Wiring diagram that came with it looks fairly straight forward,see attached. Will let you know how I get on..

IMG_20191231_0001.pdf 66.01 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks for the mention of my post. I will be posting my write-up within the next few days which will be for the IS250 but I will be explaining the installation process that applies to any car.

• Like 1

Thank you for this info!  That thread is very helpful!

For some reason, the eBay link won't load.  What's the name of the listing, I'll just search for it on eBay.co,uk

Thanks for all the help guys!

Hi all, My UK-right-hand-drive 2003 75k miles SC430's left-hand-side external mirror won't swivel inwards (it gets stuck about half-way in) when I push the swivel-button near the steering wheel. I have to force the mirror housing: that feels like I'm damaging it. The other mirror swivels on command correctly. Any thoughts? Thank you. 

6 hours ago, WESTIE said:

Hi Joe

Try this link   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113131215767

Hi Manuel

Had the same problem with mine when I got it and as John says fixed it with a good dose of WD40. You may need several applications in between operating the mirrors a few times.

Thanks!  I bookmarked that incase I find the mirrors.

For some reason I don't get emails when threads are replied to on here.  I have "notify me of replies" enabled.

• 1 month later...

I finally got my hands on a set of JDM mirrors.  I had a couple questions about the glass and I'm wondering if the UK mirrors are the same as the JDM ones.  The right side mirror has a dotted line that separates the regular part of the mirror from the part that gives you a wider view (USDM does not have this on either).  The left mirror does not have this, but it's very darkly tinted (USDM is also not like this on either).

Are the UK mirrors the same way?  Also, do any of you happen to know where I could find a matching left side mirror with the extended viewing angle? I love that!

Thanks!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links