Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Suspension

Hi everyone, I am a new member just bought a 2006 Lexus RX350 SE-L, having a problem with O/S/F air suspension,  car was low on front corner and I have just found an air leak near the top of the suspension strut, I wondered if any members had a OSF strut for sale as I would like to keep the air suspension if possible, could not believe the price of a new unit from Lexus cost half the price I paid for the car.

I bought privately, always wanted a RX see this one locally and got it for a good price, needs a bit of work front brake disks and pads, wheels refurbishing and a bit minor bit of bodywork I got it as a bit of a project.

9 hours ago, Old Git said:

I bought privately, always wanted a RX see this one locally and got it for a good price, needs a bit of work front brake disks and pads, wheels refurbishing and a bit minor bit of bodywork I got it as a bit of a project.

Many thanks Ray. Best of luck with the Project. Other Members will I am sure be able to offer assistance.

• Like 1

I took the air strut off the car today removed the rubber bellows cover and can now see why the struts leak, it was very corroded around the top where it joins the air bag and the metal is so corroded and thin its not sealing, very poor design, I used to be a commercial mechanic have worked on lorry air systems and changing an air bag takes minutes they could have designed the Lexus air bag the same but I guess it is just a built in lifespan designed to fail after 10 years and cheaper to make.