Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Disabling Keyless Entry

Hi,

I want to disable keyless entry on my 2013 RX450H but the handbook is a bit vague how to do it. It mentions some settings can be changed in advanced settings on the car itself and that other settings need to be changed by the dealer. I can't see the option in advanced settings so is this something that it does in Techstream?

Thanks

• Like 1

If you want to just disable the key at night without having to put it into a Faraday pouch so that scroats cannot enter/steal your car hold down the lock button on the fob whilst pressing the unlock button twice. You can check to see if it works by trying to open your car using the door handles. To use keyless entry again just press the unlock button on the fob. This certainly works on a Gen4 RX but it might on a Gen3 as well.

Happy new year

JBP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBPRX400h said:

hold down the lock button on the fob whilst pressing the unlock button twice. You can check to see if it works by trying to open your car using the door handles. To use keyless entry again just press the unlock button on the fob. This certainly works on a Gen4 RX but it might on a Gen3 as well.

No, it doesn't, as I said above.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links