Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New RX 450h owner

mikey2001

Hi all,

I purchased my first Lexus a couple of weeks ago, a pre-facelift 2019 RX 450h with Premium Pack (and Protection Pack) in Sonic Titanium with Ivory and Noble Brown interior. I'm very pleased with it so far 😀 I had a 2014 Jaguar XF 3.0d S Portfolio previously which was a great car, but the RX is even better in my opinion. Getting about 33-34 MPG so far, and loving the some of the features the Jag didn't have like the heated steering wheel, electric tailgate and auto-hold function. 😊

Cheers,

Mike

rx450h.jpg

• Like 2

Hello Mike. Welcome to LOC.
A great looking car you have there, and something I am sure you will like more each day you drive it. Lexus are legendary for there reliability so you should have no concerns on that front.
Enjoy your driving.

John.

• Like 1

Hi Mike. 

Great choice. My Mercury Grey car has the same interior. 

I bought my 2017 Premier a few weeks ago and it’s streets ahead of my 2015 version. 

Take a look at the Lexus video on YouTube about driving a hybrid. 

Some very good advice there. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome everyone 😊 Thanks Les, I love the interior - I had a similar ivory interior in my XF and although a little more difficult to keep clean, I prefer it to black. I'll take a look at that video too, any help would be useful (this is my first hybrid).

• 2 months later...

Thought I would finally post some more pictures of my RX450h, from a recent touring trip around Cornwall. Fantastic journey there and back, very comfortable on the motorway. The radar guided cruise control was a boon on the long motorway and A-road stretches as well. Overall economy took a hit on the shorter journeys down there (4 adults and 1 toddler plus luggage and numerous hills brought it down to about 26 MPG on occasion), but the cruise back home was just shy of 39 MPG, which I was very impressed with (those long sections of 50 MPH roadworks on the M6 helped there) 😀

IMAG1895.jpg

IMAG1921.jpg

IMAG1947.jpg

IMAG1950.jpg

IMAG1951.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Decided to post a few more pictures of the RX. Like the majority of folk, getting out and about hasn't been easy the last 6-7 months or so, but back towards the end of September/start of October we were lucky enough to take a holiday (just over 1000 miles) up to central and western Scotland. Although I've been several times in the past, it really is a stunningly beautiful part of the world. We were also blessed with beautiful weather for the most part, except on a couple of days (including the return journey through Glencoe which turned out to be the wettest day of the year so far in the UK. The RX was and is a joy to drive, making the journey as much as part of the holiday. I look forward to many future trips when restrictions allow again.

pic01.JPG

pic02.JPG

pic03.JPG

pic04.JPG

• Like 2

Welcome Mike looks a lovely vehicle im sure youll have many happy journeys. Im booked in for 2 trips to Cornwall next year (Crantock) its an annual pilgrimage. Looking forward to driving UX there cant wait to see how the hybrid handles the A30 with all them hills.

Brent

• Like 1

Thanks Brent, I'm sure you'll have great trips down there too 👍 I found the hills affected the economy on the RX quite a bit, but 4 adults and a toddler, plus luggage, didn't help in that regard 😄