Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hard steering wheel

matinzk

Hi everyone, happy holidays. 

We've got a 2012 ct200h, all is good with it. We went away for a week over the Christmas holidays and now I feel like the steering wheel is a bit hard to turn, not as smooth as it used to be it feels. I've checked the tyre pressure and are around 40 psi. 

Has anyone had the same experience at all? 

Any help is much appreciated. 

The power steering on the CT is electric powered. It is not an unreliable system, but can like any other components have problems. It is possible you may have a suspension ball joint problem or the steering may need to be reset "A zero point calibration". Being an obvious safety concern it would make sense to get it checked out professionally. 

John.

• 2 weeks later...

Took the car into a Lexus dealer close to us.

I was told everything is fine with the car, but the front tyres are winter tyres and maybe that's a factor why the steering wheel feels heavy. What are your thoughts?

I was also told the rear pipe hanger weld is fractured and the rear section of the exhaust needs changing and have been quoted about £430 for them to change this. Does it cost that much?

Thank you.

47 minutes ago, stormchaser said:

I would get the exhaust welded. That’s the cheaper option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess any exhaust place should be able to do it?