Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All

I have a 2004 RX300SE, the headlights on dipped beam seem very high and on many occasions I have been flashed, rear fogs switched on etc.

The manual states that the height cannot be adjusted as has my Lexus dealer.

Has anybody had the same problem and know of a solution?

:blink:

are they HID lights?

if they are normal type lights then it would be very strange for them to have no adjustment. if it is HID then they incorporate a self leveling device into the system.

I think that it is just the brightness of the HID's that other drivers don't like. Mine seem to flood the road but have only had a couple of flashes and I think that was cresting the brows of hills.

I was worried last year when driving to Spain but my Lexus agent asured me that there was no adjustments they could make and no beam deflectors or obscurers were available.

I needn't have worried I had only 1 flash in France while night driving so enjoy the illuminated view.

:P

When I was driving my RX SE last year I got flashed all the time - I think it's a combination of very bright lights and them being mounted high on the vehicle. The light is more in the other drivers line on sight.

The lights adjust themselves to the correct angle when you turn the car on - i'm sure you've noticed the beam start low and then come up higher.

Suppose you aren't the one getting blinded so just go with it!

I am getting other drivers flashing their lights at me all the time. Once when I was in traffic on the M1 a driver in the middle lane wound his window down to have a go at me - not ideal :-)

Dealer said they were ok and that the left hand light was deliberately higher than the right to 'illuminate the kerb' - hmmm

• 9 years later...

See below for answer from Lexus UK. There is no need to do anything.

Thank you for your further email.

I can confirm that the HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlamps on the RX 350 do not need to be
converted for travel on the continent. The set up of the headlamp is such that the light shines in a horizontal
flat beam which has no kick up and as such is not dazzling to drivers of oncoming cars.

As you have suggested, we would recommend that the Intelligent Adaptive Front-lighting
System (I-AFS) is switched off when travelling on the continent.

Yours sincerely

Claire Newman

Customer Relations Executive

See below for answer from Lexus UK. There is no need to do anything.

Thank you for your further email.

I can confirm that the HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlamps on the RX 350 do not need to be

converted for travel on the continent. The set up of the headlamp is such that the light shines in a horizontal

flat beam which has no kick up and as such is not dazzling to drivers of oncoming cars.

As you have suggested, we would recommend that the Intelligent Adaptive Front-lighting

System (I-AFS) is switched off when travelling on the continent.

Yours sincerely

Claire Newman

Customer Relations Executive

Why have you posted this same comment in so many ancient threads, all of which are long dormant?

• 2 weeks later...

I thought people might find it helpful! Why else?

The problem is that everyone has to open all your posts, to see nothing new, in order to remove the 'unread' flag from the home page. That is not helpful, especially as most of the threads had been dormant for years.