Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member- First Time Soarer Owner

N-Seven

Hi,

I've been wanting one for about 5 years and have finally bought a V8 Soarer. It's in need of some TLC but am really looking forward to getting stuck into it.

Any advise/tips anyone can offer on Soarer ownership would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, N-Seven said:

Hi,

I've been wanting one for about 5 years and have finally bought a V8 Soarer. It's in need of some TLC but am really looking forward to getting stuck into it.

Any advise/tips anyone can offer on Soarer ownership would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

Great.

What colour?

I had one back in the day.

Keep those fluids fresh - oil, gearbox...

• Like 1

It's a very dark green.

I'm planning on doing a full service on it asap. I have genuine Toyota front discs and pads on the way for it also.

I'll be sure to add some photos soon :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PCM said:

I assume it has leather seats and air suspension ?

It does. The ABS light seems to come on if I raise the car too high or lower it too low, something else on the list to look into. It has a separate controller for it underneath the stereo which I am guessing is aftermarket.

Just now, N-Seven said:

It does. The ABS light seems to come on if I raise the car too high or lower it too low, something else on the list to look into. It has a separate controller for it underneath the stereo which I am guessing is aftermarket.

I recall an on/off Air Suspension switch... In the boot? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PCM said:

I recall an on/off Air Suspension switch... In the boot? 

Ah no way, is that what that is?!

I assume it will remain at the same height its at once you turn it off?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 2:14 PM, The-Acre said:

Welcome to the LOC, and what a rare car. I remember when top gear were reviewing it, even Clarkson loved it!  How about some photos?

Pics added :)

On 1/22/2020 at 2:40 PM, rich1068 said:

Lovely stuff. Very jealous. I don't seem to be able to click on the pics though.

Wasn't from the Leicester area was it? Saw one on Retro Rides a little while ago.

Nah It's not that one, I know the one you mean, I saw that too, looks quite similar though.

• 6 months later...

I've managed to get a few things done recently, starting with new front calipers and pads, and new rear pads also.

IMG_0866.thumb.jpg.2b568df5e07b5f6a10d02e7c43431645.jpg

Fitted a double din DAB head unit.

IMG_2481.thumb.jpg.16f04fff7395f8d653a350525c8d043f.jpg

Gave it a well overdue service

IMG_2601.thumb.jpg.1ae61906f9e3f011ca0786e2496ebae6.jpg

During which, changed what seemed like the worlds oldest fuel filter (not fun)

IMG_2603.thumb.jpg.84732e1c6cd52767be569883788c5ee5.jpg

And most recently, replaced the high pressure power steering hose and bypassed the faulty control valve

IMG_2648.thumb.jpg.964c1aacca30ee8d0443dead5c178915.jpg

Also fit an OEM splitter, was always supposed to have one but was missing when I bought the car.

FULLSIZEOUTPUT_AF46dfvwsf.thumb.JPG.ae6ba7be0378827b70f115595cf5e65a.JPG

• Like 2

The LC500 of the 90's Phil. Munches the miles like an LS400 with a little added character and spice. A fully sorted Soarer UZZ31 is quite something but a lot of expensive hard work to restore one now. There's still a Soarer club that meet occasionally. The best source of detailed info is probably still down under with Soarer Central. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neil E said:

The LC500 of the 90's Phil. Munches the miles like an LS400 with a little added character and spice. A fully sorted Soarer UZZ31 is quite something but a lot of expensive hard work to restore one now. There's still a Soarer club that meet occasionally. The best source of detailed info is probably still down under with Soarer Central. 

Interesting to think that the day will come (unless Greta gets too much of her way) that the LC500 may be available for very little money.  Sadly by the time that comes father time may just say "too late"!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

Interesting to think that the day will come (unless Greta gets too much of her way) that the LC500 may be available for very little money.  Sadly by the time that comes father time may just say "too late"!!

I too look forward to the future pleasure of an LC500. It might register a blip on my budget radar in a few short years but I doubt it will be the bargain a 5 year old Toyota Soarer once was. I will never understand how the Soarer continued to be overlooked by both LS and Supra fanatics alike.

• Like 3