Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

lexus ct200 vs toyota auris - how expensive is to run lexus?

bladest

Hi people and happy new year i am divided between the two - lexus vs toyota auris hybrid of course both versions...                               so can u tell me how reliable is lexus ct200 vs toyota auris and how expensive is to run and also any major issues or flaws i will drive car in the city i dont care how fast is it  i have car for outside town which is fine i dont care about sporty ride as well  🙂

my main concern is mainting bills and problems issues and repairs...  is it true that for lexus after market parts are not widely available like toyota auris ?  For example... are there any major issues with engine like eating a lot of oil or some other issues?

Also how good is the suspension in the place where i live we have a lot of bad roads and a lot of deep potholes....  how reliable is it  ? is it made from aluminium or and also can i replace ball joints or no such options any more ?

Reliability is not an issue with either car. Which to choose is a matter of personal preference. A good long test drive in both is vital. 

Running costs is down to whether you use a main dealer. Lexus service schedules are on their website together with costs. Don't forget a hybrid health check every year to keep the traction Battery warranty for 15 years. 

i've had a ct and we have an Auris Mk2

the ct certainly has a firmer ride over the Auris and the Auris will ride the potholes better

for reliabilty theres no difference between them

the ct interior does look better

and lexus will be more expensive for servicing and parts

as already said test drive both and see which one suits you.

• Like 1

hi the engine of auris and ct200 is 1.8 yes auris uses same engine i guess - i forgot to mention it doesnt matter if its a auris or ct200 lexus car will be used not brand new so it wont be serviced at lexus it will be serviced at some independ garage but not official dealer/ship stealer ship. lexus is simply fancy toyota biggrin.gif i cant do any work for my cars. i am not sure about engine code i know thats 1.8 hybrid and thats all. i already have driven prius with that engine and its great.

3 hours ago, bladest said:

hi the engine of auris and ct200 is 1.8 yes auris uses same engine i guess - i forgot to mention it doesnt matter if its a auris or ct200 lexus car will be used not brand new so it wont be serviced at lexus it will be serviced at some independ garage but not official dealer/ship stealer ship. lexus is simply fancy toyota biggrin.gif i cant do any work for my cars. i am not sure about engine code i know thats 1.8 hybrid and thats all. i already have driven prius with that engine and its great.

it's worth paying around £60 for a hybrid health check every year even if the car isn't Toyota or Lexus serviced as it maintains the warranty on the traction batteries for 15 years now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, olliesgrandad said:

it's worth paying around £60 for a hybrid health check every year even if the car isn't Toyota or Lexus serviced as it maintains the warranty on the traction batteries for 15 years now.

can this Hybrid health check be done abroad on another country in lexus service center or its valid for uk in uk only ?

I'm looking for a second car and seriously thinking of a 2017 Toyota auris hybrid estate, business edition. Going to view one tomorrow at 14k, 40,000miles. Its grey but would prefer blue, or burgundy. Trying to buy Pre March 27th 2017 as free road tax.

We'll see.

James.

• 1 month later...

The CT is made in Japan where the auris is built in the UK similar cars but the build quality is always going to be better if it's built in japan. My parents have a mk1auris hybrid brother has a CT and both are great cars but the auris has had the exhaust hangers break on the welds and the horn stopped working also. When Toyota build a car in the EU they have to source a certain %of parts from local areas that's where the problem lies. It's like the Toyota Carina e back in the 90s they where made in Japan then it moved it's factory to the UK the UK cars had clutch faults the window motors would fail and the exhaust would not last.

On 1/2/2020 at 6:12 AM, bladest said:

my main concern is mainting bills and problems issues and repairs...  is it true that for lexus after market parts are not widely available like toyota auris ?  For example... are there any major issues with engine like eating a lot of oil or some other issues?

Lexus after market parts are hard to find when they are specific to just a few models and the economics doesn't warrant a European manufacturer to 'tool up' - e.g. parts for a Lexus GS. For a vehicle that is mechanically 80% the same as a Auris, and uses an engine found in many other Toyota models the issue isn't such a problem.

The 1.8 hybrid engine doesn't have any major issues.

On 1/2/2020 at 10:28 PM, bladest said:

can this Hybrid health check be done abroad on another country in lexus service center or its valid for uk in uk only ?

It's a UK specific warranty.

Hi there,

my 2 cents on this Auris vs CT, my friend had an Auris hybrid as a company car and it never broke down over his 4 years of ownership and 120k miles. The ride is softer than the CT for sure. However, the CT does come with a sweep of safety systems and I prefer the cabin of it with the mouse pad and large infotainment screen.

Both cars in my experience range from 48-52mpg depending how its driven. 

I think either or will serve you well tbh...

Ps if you want to see my Dad's 2019 CT 200h, I have a video on it and I'll leave a link for anyone who wishes to see his car 🙂

Hi we have a Ct200h premier in 2014 and an Auris 2014 Excel I prefer the Auris as it has auto park and the car is really smooth. We also had a Carina E which was built in Britain and it did 200k miles and was top notch. However the Ct200h infotainment system is better compared to Touch and Go and it’s basically got more leather and sound proofing is much better. It depends on how much your budget is. We paid 16k for the lexus and it did 20k miles and 8k on the Auris, which did 15k miles both at the Toyota/lexus dealers and they chipped in 2 for 1 warranty for free. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links