Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Something I Should be Concerned About?

Came out to the car this morning, first time in days, to see this. Not there last time I cleaned the car, less than 30 miles ago..

NSF disc

AdHQ3431D3abIPaikfBcHIKRkZb9pcD3EiWahyqn_Rq61iaofUrZuTETVaBt_t8iQwzghcT1Zit1XIAM

OSF disc

Dd41vEuHO9D8NzEppid3gWPeGwh_z1MwIF9FVriCP6U8jCp0HNww6HB99gvz_T6l2zRGx4D37NtO3VI8

Car drives and brakes fine. No unusual noises, certainly no screeching.

Popped into my dealership and had them look it over. Nothing of concern, keep an eye on wear but suggested just as I'd thought, a stone trapped at some point.

On a side note, I was speaking with the parts guy as i purchased some screen concentrate, he showed me what Lexus is moving over to instead of fluid concentrate. A small tablet, a bit bigger than a Polo, to treat 5ltr down to -5C. Should see us through a normal UK winter. All to save the planet, apparently. More eco friendly, less plastic packaging etc., etc.

34 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Popped into my dealership and had them look it over. Nothing of concern, keep an eye on wear but suggested just as I'd thought, a stone trapped at some point.

On a side note, I was speaking with the parts guy as i purchased some screen concentrate, he showed me what Lexus is moving over to instead of fluid concentrate. A small tablet, a bit bigger than a Polo, to treat 5ltr down to -5C. Should see us through a normal UK winter. All to save the planet, apparently. More eco friendly, less plastic packaging etc., etc.

Did the parts guy give you a price on the new screen wash tablet? Imagine the saving on transport alone for carrying around a tablet taking up less space than a match box, and weighing next to nothing compared to the bulk of 5ltrs of liquid weighing 5kilos, and needing a substantial container to hold it.

John.

51 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

The scoring is nothing to worry about, but anoying.

Did the parts guy give you a price on the new screen wash tablet? Imagine the saving on transport alone for carrying around a tablet taking up less space than a match box, and weighing next to nothing compared to the bulk of 5ltrs of liquid weighing 5kilos, and needing a substantial container to hold it.

John.

I've experienced similar scoring when roads have been been heavily spread with mixtures of salt and grit.  If the problem persists try aiming a jetwash

directly at the discs repeating for two or three wheel-lengths, ideally with someone driving backward and forward.

Re the screen wash tablets, I have been using a brand called KINDAX handed out as samples at a service station back in the summer.  They work OK,

one per 4 litres water, and are clearly excellent from a space-saving standpoint, but I've not seen them on sale anywhere since.   The size and function

is closer to Alka-Seltzer than any mint I've personally ever consumed.                                        

1 hour ago, Britprius said:

The scoring is nothing to worry about, but anoying.

John.

No price quoted as they have yet to be announced. As the 250ml bottle of concentrate only costs £1.48 I have a feeling the tablet(s) will be similar price. He wasn't clear on whether they would be individual or multi-packs.

He did show me a single tablet pack, bit like a spectacle lens wipe sachet. The tablet was dark blue and quite granular, perhaps more the size of and extra strong mint but obviously small enough to fit down the opening of the wash bottle.

These tabs look similar and obviously Lexus won't be making them, just repackaging ...

HTB1WQW6aiHrK1Rjy0Flq6AsaFXa9.jpg_q50.jp

61Qc2sJ6-XL._SL1500.jpeg?v=1411208041

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links