Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

430 key programming without master

Hey, 

just picked up a facelift 430 and I’m already regretting it. The car came with 2 keys....one valet key and one that doesn’t even belong with the car, blade is different and not recognised by the immobiliser.

Along with a whole host of other problems that the seller is turning a blind eye to, what are my options for getting a new master Key? My primary Lexus Dealer stated a new ECU and keys which I understand is a last resort and hopefully not a first and only option. Is it possible to have the ECU flashed to accept a new master? Would it be better to get an ECU and keys off a junker? I feel so lost without smart access and without the ability to program another key to the car (as well as not being able to get it the boot with my only working key!) 

cheers and happy new year all!

wonder who you bought this errant car from, the price paid, service history etc ?

can't imagine the 2000 car is a facelift model, this is maybe the very first year of production ?

or have you bought another Ls430 now

Malc

Yeah sorry, haven’t updated my profile yet haha. Bought from some guy in B’ham. 2003 (53 plate) Full history up to last year, passed its last MOT with no advisories and the bodywork is....decent-ish. I paid £1,500 though and I didn’t think to check the keys. The fact that smart wasn’t working didn’t bother me as I knew I could get it programmed....what I didn’t realise is that I had, effectively, only one key which wasn’t the master. I was stupid not to check the other key and now I’m crying in a corner for not being more thorough with my checks as there are a multitude of issues 

17 minutes ago, LEDMaestro101 said:

Yeah sorry, haven’t updated my profile yet haha. Bought from some guy in B’ham. 2003 (53 plate) Full history up to last year, passed its last MOT with no advisories and the bodywork is....decent-ish. I paid £1,500 though and I didn’t think to check the keys. The fact that smart wasn’t working didn’t bother me as I knew I could get it programmed....what I didn’t realise is that I had, effectively, only one key which wasn’t the master. I was stupid not to check the other key and now I’m crying in a corner for not being more thorough with my checks as there are a multitude of issues 

Did you by any chance buy this vehicle from a guy in Dudley?

John.

• Like 1

Ummm....yeah....have you been watching me again 😜 jk

I took his description rather literally and he explained the 2 faults that weren’t listed and it seemed fine when driving at 30mph on side streets. More fool me

There are a few posts here about this trader he used to sell under the name Lexus chap. He has been taken to court by trading standards on two occasions, and fined. I suggest you get in touch with Dudley trading standards as they are very interested to hear about his antics. Under the law you have a 6 month guarantee with the car when buying from a trader.

John.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LEDMaestro101 said:

Oh he is a trader then?! Fab! Thank you for the heads up! I’ll call up Dudley and see what they say. I appreciate the information mate!

He definitely is a trader, and has tried all manor of devious methods of selling Lexus cars including changing the details on eBay after selling a car. He often tries to get out of his obligations by writing sold as seen on invoices.

John.

Yeah sold as seen on his listing too. I’ve taken screenshots of everything. Can’t believe this haha, just goes to show though! His words were “you got a bargain and you know it” lol. Never doing this again, will be stupidly careful in future!

9 minutes ago, LEDMaestro101 said:

Yeah sold as seen on his listing too. I’ve taken screenshots of everything. Can’t believe this haha, just goes to show though! His words were “you got a bargain and you know it” lol. Never doing this again, will be stupidly careful in future!

He cannot get out of his obligations by writing this. I have put out a request on your behalf asking members to give you any information they have on this.

John.

• Like 1

Thanks for that John, greatly appreciated. 

unfortunately I can’t return the car as this is now the only car I have and it would be detrimental for me to be without one. I agree though, thinking back about how he spoke and how he showed me around the car, a lot of what he said doesn’t add up. 

Sadly you've fallen foul of one of the biggest crooks out there.  He's been prosecuted recently so it's really important you contact trading standards, they're very aware of him!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LEDMaestro101 said:

I haven’t yet read the posts following this one but I can already hear the words “Dudley, Omar and Indeed a fine car”

• Like 1

Yep that’s the guy Acre. 

lol Steve you’re right on! Like you can read minds/see the future haha. Having a very interesting text conversation with him currently. 

this is very odd topic though. Back to the original post, getting the car looked at by a couple of locksmith who are very confident that a new master can be programmed. I’ll keep this page updated with progress

• Like 1

I went through all of this a few years back. A talented, if slightly mad, locksmith managed to crack the immobiliser, but not the smart locking. Eventually I got Osaka to replace the locking ECU with one from a scrapper, and that fixed things. Cost less than I expected and way less than Lexus quoted me. 

Jon

2 hours ago, jonthetourist said:

I went through all of this a few years back. A talented, if slightly mad, locksmith managed to crack the immobiliser, but not the smart locking. Eventually I got Osaka to replace the locking ECU with one from a scrapper, and that fixed things. Cost less than I expected and way less than Lexus quoted me. 

Jon

Just don't let him get away with it!

got the guy coming tomorrow so will keep this thread updated and add contact details for the company if they do manage to fix it. Says he should be able to do it. Makes me nervous when they say “should” though haha. Getting an ECU out of a scrapper was my first thought though, assuming it had the keys with it but for the sake of £100 for the locksmith, it’s worth a shot.

things still aren’t going well on the trader front, more issues coming up now including a “check VSC” message and now a P0660 DTC. Down the rabbit hole we go it seems!

P0660 code could quite possibly be an inlet manifold off job, no easy task. I'm not sure I would do any more work on the car unless you think it's worth spending on.  I'd want my money back, but as you're dealing with a man who clearly has no morals or conscience it may be hard work. If you do ever get to meet him again take a mirror with you to see if he has a reflection! 

• Haha 3