Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

430 key programming without master

Lol Acre, I think I’ll be using the mirror for more....physical purposes if I see him again! Was called by Dudley trading standards this afternoon oddly enough, they seemed very interested in what has occurred so further action seems to be in the works. 

As for the original topic, no luck with the locksmith. They had misinformation and thought my car was an IS350....very odd! Still, they didn’t charge me so that’s a bonus. Seems like it’s not possible to program without the master. 

30 minutes ago, LEDMaestro101 said:

Lol Acre, I think I’ll be using the mirror for more....physical purposes if I see him again! Was called by Dudley trading standards this afternoon oddly enough, they seemed very interested in what has occurred so further action seems to be in the works. 

As for the original topic, no luck with the locksmith. They had misinformation and thought my car was an IS350....very odd! Still, they didn’t charge me so that’s a bonus. Seems like it’s not possible to program without the master. 

Oh well, worth a try.  Please keep us posted anyway.

• Like 1

Ok, no one in the south seemed to want to touch my keys, especially with the lack of a master. This, along with all the other options has resulted in me getting the car returned for a refund. 

WARNING: if anyone sees a silver Lexus LS430 Reg EJ53NDD, DO NOT BUY!!!! It has no keyless and will cost in excess of £2k to sort. It has a host of issues, especially front end steering/assembly related. Scratches and dents that make it look like it was vandalised beyond belief. Better put your money into a more decent example. 

27 minutes ago, LEDMaestro101 said:

Ok, no one in the south seemed to want to touch my keys, especially with the lack of a master. This, along with all the other options has resulted in me getting the car returned for a refund. 

WARNING: if anyone sees a silver Lexus LS430 Reg EJ53NDD, DO NOT BUY!!!! It has no keyless and will cost in excess of £2k to sort. It has a host of issues, especially front end steering/assembly related. Scratches and dents that make it look like it was vandalised beyond belief. Better put your money into a more decent example. 

So did you get a refund?

27 minutes ago, LEDMaestro101 said:

Lexuschap gave a full refund ?

If you got a refund, that is good news. I'll echo that these keys are nigh-on impossible to reprogram. I have a very good friend who is also a master locksmith and if he couldn't do it, nor any of his close associates, then yeah, paying Lexus an exorbitant amount is the only way I can think of.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know the best place to buy a blank key? I only have one and although it (blank) won't be able to be used to drive the car, the blade cut to shape would mean I needn't worry about locking my key in the boot 😱

1 hour ago, messi said:

What? Lexuschap actually took the car back and gave you a full refund? 

Strangely enough, I just looked out of my window and saw some pink animals with snouts flying past!

Lol yeah he gave a refund, albeit under slight protest and giving me all sorts of mouthy remarks whilst I counted the money! Yeah I saw those pigs flying by down my way too Acre 😂

the car is back up on eBay now with the issues I described buried in the description but no mention of the P0660 code in there!

Yeah I’m ringing them again today to let them know that the car is back on for sale, as well as alerting eBay

question, should he still be trading if he is on a suspended sentence? Especially as the conviction was for knowingly selling a faulty car 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

LOL. Just my luck.

my brother bought this car in Feb this year and has now sold it to me.

it is as you describe body wise but there are no codes or EML so that seems to be sorted.  My brother did the rear disks and pads.

i have driven it today and it drives spot on at the moment.  My brother did get it checked underneath from His mechanic and all seems to be fine.

i only bought it coz I missed my old LS430 which I sold in 2014.

looks like I will have to dig deep.  I am getting the bodywork and alloys done and then getting it LPG converted on 6th July.

oh well I’ll try to bring it back to it’s former glory.  

watch this space.

7931069A-4DEF-44C3-A24F-5F3298B70727.jpeg

Edited by Ifty
More information

• 11 months later...