Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus CT 200h laquer peeling off

Denes

Hi everyone.

We recently purchased a 2014 ct200h and we have multiple problems with the paintwork of the car. My fiance took it to a professional car wash and the laquer (hand size) came off from the bonnet, this has been corrected under warranty!. 

The car got multiple chips on the bonnet almost like the paintwork is just bad quality and today on the side door I've discovered under damage/peel off to the laquer.

We took it to MK LEXUS but this time they said because it caused by a chip or someone opened the door on it it doesn't go under warranty and they don't do anything about it.

I believe the laquer shouldn't come off like that and in general the cars paintwork is not up to standards.

Is there anything we can do? We don't even want this car anymore.

Thanks for your help.

Hi there. 

Sounds like the bonnet had laquer adhesion problems. This could be down to a delay when applying the clear coat over the base colour at the time of painting. Your bonnet may of had paint correction before.

The door does look like a chip or scratch but it's difficult to tell from a picture. Can you peel more away just by your finger?

• Thanks 1

Some nice clean pictures of the paintwork would help. 

I wonder (and suspect) if the car has had some poor quality accident repairs, the bonnet may have been painted by the dealer prior to sale to cover stone chips. For sales cars they don't usually use a Lexus Bodyshop (I know of 2 main dealers who don't) . 

I would get someone in a friendly bodyshop to put a paint thickness meter over the car to see if there are inconsistencies in the paint depth indicating repair. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links