Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking to fit bigger wheels to 2016 GS300h. Do not want to go with much wider tyres so was thinking about 8.5x19 with 235/40/19 tyres. Rims I like come with 40 offset. Would they cause any problems? I am not willing to do any modifications to accommodate new wheels, car is used daily so need to stay practical - no rubbing etc. Also what is your experience with fitting oem pressure sensors to aftermarket wheels?

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot help with possible clearance problems, but since all cars made after 2012 must be fitted with TPMS, and will fail the MOT if not working on 2014 on vehicles there should be no problems when fitting TPMS valves to the rims. TPMS valves fit the same size standard hole used for the old style rubber valves.

John.

I cannot help with possible clearance problems, but since all cars made after 2012 must be fitted with TPMS, and will fail the MOT if not working on 2014 on vehicles there should be no problems when fitting TPMS valves to the rims. TPMS valves fit the same size standard hole used for the old style rubber valves.
John.
Did more reading and it looks like not always oem sensors fit aftermarket wheels due to position of the valve hole. There are ways around it but this is additional cost. Guess I will not know untill I get the wheels and take them to the garage. Thanks for your input.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links