Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best Colour for RX 450h?

Best Colour for RX 450h?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the Best Colour for an RX 450h ?

• Silver
    • Black
    • White
    • Dark Blue
    • Light Blue
    • Red

Silver for me (specifically Sonic Titanium), but I'm biased as I have one 😉 There was also gold and brown and now a shade of green available on the latest facelift 450h.

After much deliberation I've just moved up from the NX to the RX450h for the interior elbow room and relaxing drive.

So I've voted Sonic Titanium as that's the colour of my new motor and I like it. I'm also keen on Mercury and I have a fettish for the very dark blue even though it's not quite dark enough for me.

5 hours ago, Farne said:

After much deliberation I've just moved up from the NX to the RX450h for the interior elbow room and relaxing drive.

So I've voted Sonic Titanium as that's the colour of my new motor and I like it. I'm also keen on Mercury and I have a fettish for the very dark blue even though it's not quite dark enough for me.

I looked at a dark blue car but thought it would be difficult to keep looking good. The cream and brown interior on the mercury grey swung it for me. 

Do miss the beige carpets and rubber mats of my gen 3 though. 

Not all the colours on the RX 450h have been offered for every year so you might prefer a colour from an earlier model or one only available on a model later than yours.  My choice as being most consistently offered would be silver.  Not only do I like silver very much as a colour but it arguably shows  dirt less than others and absorbs  less heat from sun than darker shades.  Furthermore, silver can be more visible to other motorists than others.  (Had a large dark blue car once and was hit by somebody who claimed not to have seen me, so prejudiced).  Having said that, I like the red on the 4th Generation very much (not seen on the 3rd Gen I wanted). So it will be between silver and red if I update to the 4th Gen in due course depending what available used at the time along with interior option.

6 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

Not all the colours on the RX 450h have been offered for every year so you might prefer a colour from an earlier model or one only available on a model later than yours.  My choice as being most consistently offered would be silver.  Not only do I like silver very much as a colour but it arguably shows  dirt less than others and absorbs  less heat from sun than darker shades.  Furthermore, silver can be more visible to other motorists than others.  (Had a large dark blue car once and was hit by somebody who claimed not to have seen me, so prejudiced).  Having said that, I like the red on the 4th Generation very much (not seen on the 3rd Gen I wanted). So it will be between silver and red if I update to the 4th Gen in due course depending what available used at the time along with interior option.

Unfortunately Barry there don't appear to be many silver 4th gen cars around. I would probably have gone for silver If could have found one with the cream interior. The red does look very nice.

I'd had the Silver with cream interior combination for 13 years on my first Rx and wanted a change. The cream was getting very grubby. The Premier (17) was Silver with black interior but they discontinued the Silver and brought out the sonic Titanium. If I had a choice I'd go for another Silver ( with black interior) as they don't show the dirt so much. 

Alan

I've gone for dark blue, as that's what I would ideally have next time (and would have done if the very first RX I went to view had worked out). Would also be happy with a dark red.

I like the metallic (celestial?) black on my current one, but the solid black of the Advance that I only had for a month was a pain to clean, very unforgiving.

I agree with Barry's comment about silver being the most practical. It worked well on the Avensis I had for four years.

Original purchasers have the advantage of choice in respect of colour and trim so we purchasers of used cars are more limited as to what is available when we need it and for some like Olliesgrandard, colour becomes of secondary importance.  Then there is fashion and white has become very fashionable in the last few years and there are also more grey cars now (though not my cuppa)  Another thing is that some colours suit certain models more than others but of course attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder.  Not aware whether it is true of the RX but remember reading an article about car colour which said certain colours were not very popular so more difficult to sell so sold for less while very popular colours were easier to sell and could command a premium. 

• Like 1

I read somewhere that Black is the absence of any colour, and that white is the presence of all colour!

I have to say I am very happy with my Arctic Pearl, especially after 12 years with a black RX, and it is so much easier to keep clean. I did like it in black when polished, but it showed every mark.
Only little gripe, it proved impossible to find one with cream leather, as I think it looks so much smarter.

7 hours ago, BlackCat said:

I have to say I am very happy with my Arctic Pearl. 
Only little gripe, it proved impossible to find one with cream leather, as I think it looks so much smarter.

Strangely Cheltenham Lexus sold an ultra low mileage gen 3 car in Arctic White last month which had the cream interior .

It looked superb. 

Thanks Edward, yes I live in Lombardia, north Italy. I made photos when I bought it as I was searching a RX with that interiors, colour is Sonic Titanium with Ivory .

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Sonic Titanium is lovely colour. I had a ride today in my old RX 300. Light blue (though it is called grey for some reason) with cream interior. I much prefer the light interior to my black one - though black interior seems to stay cleaner. Titanium or Light Blue would be my choice of paint but also a light interior.

• Like 1