Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Very good write up with one incorrect submission the dash mounted cd player was not available in 89 it came in series 2.

Prior to that it was located in the boot and you needed long arms and two pairs of them to change the 6 disc cassete whilst driving.

• Like 1

New Pirelli Zeros today £670 total. The ride has materially improved: more composed on our rough Sussex B roads and quieter: feels like the car's driving on shag carpet. 

This texted to me by the previous owner, from Cannes (!) Probably known to most LS forum readers...

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/magazine/lexus-ls400-engineered-like-no-other/

----

I like the iPod socket in the glove box of my '07 LS600h L. I think it also has a hard disk? Bought an £80 160Gb iPod to store my iTunes library of nostalgia: goes with the 20th century unhurried regal feel of the car. Until you blow off a pesky BMW-Mini...

My '08 73k GS450h may have a hybrid Battery issue. It starts without a problem. initially the Battery meter shows 2 bars below maximum.

If i stay in Park with the engine on, say waiting for someone to get in, the Battery meter drops to only 2 bars remaining.

The LS600h does not have the same symptom.

Is the GS450h Battery due for a reconditioning soon?  

3 hours ago, twolexii said:

My '08 73k GS450h may have a hybrid battery issue. It starts without a problem. initially the battery meter shows 2 bars below maximum.

If i stay in Park with the engine on, say waiting for someone to get in, the battery meter drops to only 2 bars remaining.

The LS600h does not have the same symptom.

Is the GS450h battery due for a reconditioning soon?  

I experience the same Manuel. I do not consider that I Have a problem. 

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Lots has happened, to all of us, since late January.

I sold my GS450h SE w/sunroof and Mark Levinson in February, for a fair price, at mid-70k's on an '08/08. I felt I was making a mistake and should have kept it as it's the best saloon I've owned. So that left the '03 SC430 and our '13 VW Touareg 3L diesel.

In late March 2020, the front n/s calliper on the '03 SC430 froze. My indie engineer couldn't help as 23 March was Lockdown day. That week-end of 21 March I bought a nice '09 52k 1.4L Jazz as temporary fuel-efficient transport.

It wasn't until Lexus' Belgian warehouse opened in July that Lexus Jemca could supply, by personal delivery by their General Manager, the parts, including both front discs and pads: £650. Fitting by my engineer left little from £1k all-in. But it transformed the convertible.

I decided that much as I liked Mr Bean's car, the '07 102k LS600h L RSR, there was too much to go wrong expensively and the ride and handling didn't measure up to the GS450h I'd reluctantly sold. So the General Manager bought the LS600h and the total experience cost me £2k. A lot to lose in 7 months but what would a similar lwb limo have cost to rent, if even feasible? Try renting a Merc S 500L or a modern Bentley for less than £2k a week.

Last Saturday i bought, for a modest sum, an '07 GS450 SE-L w/94k miles, again with sunroof & stupendous ML audio - its 8-year old tyres had passed the recent MoT. It's being Full-Serviced next week then the tyres replaced.

The Jazz is for sale at Autodrader's valuation.

So back to twolexii.

And everyone I know in Sussex has not caught the dreaded Virus. Yet. 

PS: How do I update my profile?

Edited by twolexii
Added question

8 hours ago, twolexii said:

Lots has happened, to all of us, since late January.

I sold my GS450h SE w/sunroof and Mark Levinson in February, for a fair price, at mid-70k's on an '08/08. I felt I was making a mistake and should have kept it as it's the best saloon I've owned. So that left the '03 SC430 and our '13 VW Touareg 3L diesel.

In late March 2020, the front n/s calliper on the '03 SC430 froze. My indie engineer couldn't help as 23 March was Lockdown day. That week-end of 21 March I bought a nice '09 52k 1.4L Jazz as temporary fuel-efficient transport.

It wasn't until Lexus' Belgian warehouse opened in July that Lexus Jemca could supply, by personal delivery by their General Manager, the parts, including both front discs and pads: £650. Fitting by my engineer left little from £1k all-in. But it transformed the convertible.

I decided that much as I liked Mr Bean's car, the '07 102k LS600h L RSR, there was too much to go wrong expensively and the ride and handling didn't measure up to the GS450h I'd reluctantly sold. So the General Manager bought the LS600h and the total experience cost me £2k. A lot to lose in 7 months but what would a similar lwb limo have cost to rent, if even feasible? Try renting a Merc S 500L or a modern Bentley for less than £2k a week.

Last Saturday i bought, for a modest sum, an '07 GS450 SE-L w/94k miles, again with sunroof & stupendous ML audio - its 8-year old tyres had passed the recent MoT. It's being Full-Serviced next week then the tyres replaced.

The Jazz is for sale at Autodrader's valuation.

So back to twolexii.

And everyone I know in Sussex has not caught the dreaded Virus. Yet. 

PS: How do I update my profile?

I'm glad it's not just me who spends/looses money on cars!  And as you say, we've been very lucky so far here in Sussex re the virus! 

• Haha 1

Replying to The-Acre "I'm glad it's not just me who spends/loses money on cars!  And as you say, we've been very lucky so far here in Sussex re the virus!"

Jazz now sold: pays for 55% of the latest '07 GS450h SE-L. Who am I kidding... 

• Haha 1