Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF wanted

Hello everyone,

I’m now in the market for a nice isf, After wanting one since 2009, I’m finally in the position to afford one!

Colour must be black or pearl white

2010+ ideally but would consider clean pre facelift cars 

Exhausted the few examples currently available online, wondered if anyone on here is selling up soon or know any others for sale

Thanks

Joe

• Like 1

Mine will be going up for sale soon but the colour isn't to your preference and it's a 2008 model.

@JAD90, you mention you have discounted all that are for sale on Autotrader - I'm just interested as to what made you discount the black car up for £18k? I only ask as if I was buying now, I'd be going for that one (other than mine). 

That black car looks immaculate, is low miles, low owners, full lexus service history with the correct number of stamps (a few 2008 cars have 9 stamps and claim FLSH when what they mean is the history is all with Lexus but isn't full as 2 services were missed). It even has  reasonable amount of Lexus warranty to run. Is it because it's 2008? You do mention your preference is 2010+ so I appreciate that perhaps you'll wait a while to see if any 2010+ become available but may then opt for an earlier model. 

Cheers

1 hour ago, ollie isf said:

Mine will be going up for sale soon but the colour isn't to your preference and it's a 2008 model.

@JAD90, you mention you have discounted all that are for sale on Autotrader - I'm just interested as to what made you discount the black car up for £18k? I only ask as if I was buying now, I'd be going for that one (other than mine). 

That black car looks immaculate, is low miles, low owners, full lexus service history with the correct number of stamps (a few 2008 cars have 9 stamps and claim FLSH when what they mean is the history is all with Lexus but isn't full as 2 services were missed). It even has  reasonable amount of Lexus warranty to run. Is it because it's 2008? You do mention your preference is 2010+ so I appreciate that perhaps you'll wait a while to see if any 2010+ become available but may then opt for an earlier model. 

Cheers

Mines not FLSH as I don’t trust them AT ALL!.......I’d never dismiss a car that has service history by reputable garage, mine is serviced every other year as I does about 3000/3500 a year, it always has full synthetic 20,000 mile oil in it that actually recommends 20k services or every other year if mileage isn’t met, the yearly service is rubbish unless mileage is met, just a money making spin from manufacturers to generate more income. Every MOT they moan about doing it as it’s like new and a waste of their time 😂......a car with “genuine history” is worth more to me than a main dealer one.......or I’m just extremely unlucky with full dealer history cars I’ve purchased in the past 😉

Sorry I I've re-read my post and it was a little unclear as I mentioned Lexus service history.

The main point of my post was actually regarding the number of services and not where they have been carried out. I have seen 2008 cars that should have (at least) 11 services but they have only had 7 or 8 yet this is still described as a full service history. The black 2008 car I refer to has has 11 services and is low miles, has warranty left to run etc as well as in the OP's preferred colour hence I was just interested in why it had been dismissed as it looked like a great example. Hopefully @JAD90 will shed some light.

4 minutes ago, ollie isf said:

Sorry I I've re-read my post and it was a little unclear as I mentioned Lexus service history.

The main point of my post was actually regarding the number of services and not where they have been carried out. I have seen 2008 cars that should have (at least) 11 services but they have only had 7 or 8 yet this is still described as a full service history. The black 2008 car I refer to has has 11 services and is low miles, has warranty left to run etc as well as in the OP's preferred colour hence I was just interested in why it had been dismissed as it looked like a great example. Hopefully @JAD90 will shed some light.

Sorry Ollie, not a dig or anything BUT I’ve a few friends who have worked in main dealers and get the low mileage cars in year after year, they used to get a new filter and a litre of oil (not saying all dealers are the same).......but the oil doesn’t actually need changing so they don’t, u pay though 🤔......they sit about drinking tea as they get the same wage irrespective of working on a car or not.....rather a car that has actually had a “full service” and full proper service history than a stamp that is just a stamp 😂😂......I’m under no illusion mines worth less in some eyes due to 7k service intervals and not yearly ones, I’m also 100% confident mines serviced beyond that of main dealers.......as they get older £900 for a 60k service or £500 makes a huge difference, is there a point that people don’t expect a main dealer history?.....ie at what age do u save money on an “old car” when it comes to serving?

ive a 2005 C70 with full Volvo history up to 2017......now serviced by me (only oil, air filter) I’m no mechanic lol,  although I’d never consider doing anything to my ISF, (I’d never let Lexus service it either) 😂

be interested to hear others opinions on the matter.

1 hour ago, ollie isf said:

Hi Ollie

Thanks for responding to my post. By using the term exhausted perhaps I was a little unclear. I wasn’t suggesting that I’d ‘dismissed’ all for sale. Just that I’d seen them all and was curious if any other were coming up for sale soon.

The £18k car on autotrader I’d noticed that the front wheels are on the wrong sides (correct me if I’m wrong). Also, perhaps the modifications put me off a little, especially the aftermarket intake.

Also, I’m sure this question has been asked many times, and I know the main differences in the hardware, but overall is it worth spending a little more to stretch to a 2010+ vehicle? They seem even less common than the earlier cars. 

has anyone driven both pre and post facelift vehicles?

Regards

Joe 

I don't know the history of the car, just stick the reg in the Gov MOT website and it will show you it's MOT history inc advisories. 

What I do know is that Trust have sold 4 ISF cars over the last 7 odd months and they are very well priced.

As this car also still has a few months Lexus warranty and a decent service history it's well worth a look if you like the colour

Thanks all for the replies. I'm purchasing an extremely well looked after example from a forum member on here. It's a well known car on the forum.

Looking forward to joining the 'F' club!

Joe

• Like 5

On 1/9/2020 at 8:53 AM, JAD90 said:

It sounds like you’ve already bought a car but if it helps anyone I owned this car from July 2014 to May 2017. Mileage increased from around 64k to 80k in this period. I think it has only had one owner since I sold it. It had FLSH and Lexus warranty in my ownership and was owned by a forum member prior to me.  Let me know if you have any questions. 

It's for sale about 5 miles from where I live so if anyone wants me to take a look at it for them to save them a trip then let me know 🙂

Gotta say I went there when searching for my SE-L and the one I was after was describe as immaculate But it was far from it when I got there ( over 2 hours drive each way!) the paint needed a lot of TLC and the front bumper was held on with less fixing than it should have had! Hope this is a lot lot better. But I guess that’s car sales talk! Pinch of salt and all that, you really got to do the leg work and stand in front of them, time consuming I know but your idea of immaculate and someone else’s ( selling it!) are two different things!

^ Tell me about it 😑

Private seller, 40mins late for appointment, car was filthy inside and out, no service book, drivers door pocket missing, out of fuel and washer bottle light on, boot full of mud & leaves from golf clubs, all four wheels needed refurb, two front tyres required and a rub on the rear bumper. White leather interior was filthy from gods knows what. No surprise it's still for sale. 🙄

• 2 weeks later...

I could be wrong, but I believe that was/is the owners car.  I bought my ISF from there last July and I remember his being black with Michelin Pilot Super Sports.