Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front windows

nms123

graphic

• Drivers side: Temporarily install the window regulator master switch. (this seems to require removing the door card and manually winding down the window using a screwdriver/allen key in the motor spindle)
  • Turn the ignition switch ON.
  • Fully close the door glass by manual operation.
  • Using a Dia. 2 mm (0.079 in.) round bar, keep the reset switch pressed.
  • Fully open the door glass by manual operation with the reset switch pressed.
  • Remove the round bar from the reset switch and then fully close the door glass by manual operation.
  • Check if AUTO UP -> AUTO DOWN operates. CAUTION: Be careful as the jam protection function does not operate just after the initialization is performed.
  • After closing the window fully by AUTO UP operation, initialize the regulator again when performing the reverse operation.
  • Check that the power window functions.

Mine has the same issue. This might help although I don't think some of it is very clear and I haven't tried it yet.

Ah... just found this so perhaps the above is wrong, it's as clear as mud!

Sorry but actually this information is incorrect. The sc430 body features have not changed since it was introduced in 2002. This is a hardtop system not a convertable system, the windows do NOT roll down at all when opening/closing the doors. The only time that the windows will move on this car (other then when commanded by you using the switch) is when the top is put down....as you know all the windows roll themselves down at this time. I hope this clarifies, let me know if you have any questions. I have extensive knowledge in this car and have literally torn these completely apart and reassembled during factory training.

• Like 1