Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF Stolen

17 hours ago, Texas said:

Oh dear, all keys were prob just inside front door and not tucked out of sight.

Probably for the best. Otherwise they could have confronted him, his partners or possibly children to get them...

I saw this posted on facebook. Reg is MV58 CJX.

Link to post, with updates from the owner.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/505251549484871?view=permalink&id=3687586817917979

• Like 1

Happened to me once before whilst i was still driving my yaris back then. And admittedly i have a key hanger next to the front door which is not a good location i gather afterward. Since then i sleep with my car keys lol

hope he finds his car. 

barry

On 1/8/2020 at 12:50 PM, Toothy said:

Probably for the best. Otherwise they could have confronted him, his partners or possibly children to get them...

I saw this posted on facebook. Reg is MV58 CJX.

Link to post, with updates from the owner.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/505251549484871?view=permalink&id=3687586817917979

Yep, I couldn't agree more. Let them have the keys - it's only a car.

• Like 1

Agreed.

On 1/8/2020 at 12:54 PM, Cactus said:

Since then i sleep with my car keys lol

In no way intended to start any sort of argument but really? If it came to it you'd rather confront car thieves in your bedroom than let them steal your car? Serious question.

My parents live in a sleepy little village, recently a neighbour had their car stolen and heard them in the act. Went downstairs and jumped in front of the car to stop them, they ran him over to get away. Currently in instensive care and going to have life changing injuries if he does make it.

Police caught them, two fourteen year olds with no previous. If that level of criminal are willing to do that, other than being able to fish my keys through the letter box they can take my car. Also if you have an alarm put it on at night, cant understand why so few people do this.

• Sad 1

This is very alarming, and not far from where I live.

Does anyone on here use additional steering wheel locks / braces / clamps etc to add some extra security and piece of mind to their vehicles whilst parked up?

Wondering if the DiskLok devices would foul on the steering wheel paddles.....

Anyone?

21 minutes ago, Charliecloud said:

I have found this to be an effective alarm.

Very user friendly, not affected by power cuts or weather, doesn't need setting and resets automatically.😁

Yeah, but Verified Engineering Technician (VET) call outs are expensive, and the running costs are high...

1 hour ago, JAD90 said:

This is very alarming, and not far from where I live.

Does anyone on here use additional steering wheel locks / braces / clamps etc to add some extra security and piece of mind to their vehicles whilst parked up?

Wondering if the DiskLok devices would foul on the steering wheel paddles.....

Anyone?

I use a Stoplock Pro
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stoplock-Pro-Elite-Steering-Anti-Theft/dp/B003S51WII

Not sure about a disclock. More difficult to store when not in use i would suspect. But more secure.

• Like 1

I use one of these if I have to park anywhere that looks dodgy.

https://www.autolok.co.uk/products/autolok-2000-plus-steering-wheel-lock

Mine looks slightly different as I bought it to protect an Impreza Turbo parked on the street in South Manchester in the late 90s. The fact that such a car could go unnicked a mile from Wythenshawe is testament to its deterrent effect.

• Like 1

Sad to see it's not recovered yet and sympathies to the owner but there is lot an owner can do to be as protected as poss. Keys in a Faraday pouch and not in plain sight for one. Stoplocks work as a deterrent as long as you dont keep the keys with your keys!!!. And for such a prized position why no tracker ?  

A friend of mine just fitted an Autowatch Ghost system on his Golf R and that looks like it makes it theft proof. Its halved his insurance and will pay for itself in the time he has the car. Considering it next on my list.

I'm not one for challenging the tooled up scum bags should the worst happen but will let the police quickly follow the tracker to where they take it.

21 hours ago, gb1600e said:

Sad to see it's not recovered yet and sympathies to the owner but there is lot an owner can do to be as protected as poss. Keys in a faraday pouch and not in plain sight for one. Stoplocks work as a deterrent as long as you dont keep the keys with your keys!!!. And for such a prized position why no tracker ?  

A friend of mine just fitted an Autowatch Ghost system on his Golf R and that looks like it makes it theft proof. Its halved his insurance and will pay for itself in the time he has the car. Considering it next on my list.

I'm not one for challenging the tooled up scum bags should the worst happen but will let the police quickly follow the tracker to where they take it.

All sensible questions but the question is, would you want the car back after knowing it's been stolen and most probably thrashed or mistreated, personally I wouldn't, so why bear the cost of a hidden tracker. A neon tracker sticker slapped all over the car would probably act as a better deterrent to stop the car being nicked in the first place. 

11 hours ago, emjay82 said:

All sensible questions but the question is, would you want the car back after knowing it's been stolen and most probably thrashed or mistreated, personally I wouldn't, so why bear the cost of a hidden tracker. A neon tracker sticker slapped all over the car would probably act as a better deterrent to stop the car being nicked in the first place. 

Yep. Fair point but I guess this depends on the integrity and skill level of said scum bag who nick's it. Professionaly stolen to ship abroad as an asset it's just moved somewhere to see if the police turn up. I would have that back as I have lavished love and attention on the old girl and spent ages cleaning the inside of the fuel filler cap for heavens sake.  🤣

And who's to say he most irresponsible guy to get to drive my car is me. 🤣

Recovered from a ditch and full of KFC crap well that's a different matter as that might be hard to love again.

• Haha 1

My understanding is that a local scrote nicked it and was after a £2.5k ransom to return it, hence the videos he was posting.

If the car was nicked to order, it would be long gone by now.

The owner only got the car in November and I guess he was targeted once the little bar steward found out where he lived. 

I see from the video it has gained a dent in the rear bumper. If thats all thats wrong t can be fixed.

Odd that the police haven't picked it up yet.

On 1/18/2020 at 9:42 AM, Charliecloud said:

My understanding is that a local scrote nicked it and was after a £2.5k ransom to return it, hence the videos he was posting.

If the car was nicked to order, it would be long gone by now.

The owner only got the car in November and I guess he was targeted once the little bar steward found out where he lived. 

I see from the video it has gained a dent in the rear bumper. If thats all thats wrong t can be fixed.

Odd that the police haven't picked it up yet.

I’d be very surprised that an ISF would be stolen to order, they’re to old to be of interest and do not have collectors statues, I’d assume this is a personal issue rather than an order theft, no recovery or burnt out shell? 🤔.......think there’s probably more to this story. Although personally I think this is the lowest u can go, issues should be addressed one on one, not personal items or family involvement