Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boredom set in

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update, the RCF hasn't sold yet. I've had quite a few people come to try it (no surprise there) but nobody has actually offered near what I want, So for the time being it will remain advertised but I'll more than likely keep it and stick to my original plan of keeping it until the new Corvette C8 hits the UK, past experience has taught me not to be buying the first batch of cars from a new production run.

My modified Mini Clubvan is up for sale as I don't have a use for it now I've sold the business. My 2 ultra expensive Fender Custom guitars are heading back home to the States they sold in an instant, the other lower priced ones are on e-bay at the moment.

Went to look at both the GTO MR and a 300 ZX and no surprise neither where up to my requirements, I may go through Goo-Net or similar as there are some pristine ones for sale in Japan for not a lot of money.  

I just have to share this with you, it was a recent enquiry from Autotrader.

This was the question,

Hi Can you tell me if there are any issues with the car e.g. leaks around the water pump? Have the fuel injectors been replaced? Also, I'd like to look at the MOT history of the vehicle. Could I have the reg please? Thanks. Karl.

My reply.

Hi Karl, is this a wind-up? It's a Lexus they don't go wrong. It hasn't had an MOT yet because it's so new it's 9000 miles not 90000.
Regards,
Now at this stage I will say my reply is somewhat diplomatic.
  • Haha 4

I think this might be spam or the start of some kind of scam as I received something very similar when I sold my XKR. The injectors were mentioned when it’s not known to have those issues. This is just a copy and paste job from a bmw N54 engine I think

It's not easy selling an F car. There are so many people 'interested' in buying an F car, but in reality, there are few that will commit. The two F cars I had got traded in.

What have you priced your's at? At the end of the day, like anything, if it's priced right it will sell, but an F car..... generally it'll have to be a competitive price to sell privately, especially when so many people buy German and utilise cheap PCP.

I thought I'd priced the car in basic form i.e. with the Quicksilver and the standard wheels at £42K very well . The Vossen wheels can be bought with the car at a discounted price but I have several people interested in them if the car goes as standard.

For a 2017 car with just over 9000 miles with all the extras I thought was a bargain. As you say the car market has changed there are less people with real trouser money these days with the advent of PCP.

I am in the process of clearing what my wife calls clutter, I buy and sell Fender Custom Shop guitars, watches and pens as a pastime and have been guilty of being a bit of a hoarder, and of course the sale of such things could be a burden to her in the event of anything happening to me. Plus the cost of securely storing the items is an expensive business these days plus the hassle of getting them out etc. 

I'm guilty of being far too fickle regarding cars so it may be time to give myself a good slap in the face and enjoy what I have. Either way I'm not fussed now about selling the RCF as I still like it and waiting to see what the new Corvette C8 turns out like will be something to look forward to.

10 minutes ago, Texas said:

Karl prob wants to pay for the car with a money transfer and it will be picked up by a courier! 🙄

My past experience of selling cars leads me to think Karl is more a 'magic bean' currency man. This is the first car that I've advertised that hasn't sold in two weeks or less, and certainly isn't the most expensive. As Flytvr says maybe not so easy to move on, can't for the life of me see why though.

• 1 month later...

Well I think it's fair to say that selling an RCF is not as easy as I thought. Being a serial car changer (now reformed I hasten to add) I have never had trouble selling my previous cars in fact I've sold most within two-four weeks but not the RCF.

I've had several offers/enquiries but none have come to fruition, I very nearly did a S.O.R. with a local outfit that deals with some nice high end cars, they contacted me to say they would be very interested in taking it in. Of course they could offer all sorts of finance packages and part exchange which of course had me at a big disadvantage as it seems by all accounts there aren't that many people with real trouser money these days. I decided not to go down that path though.

I very nearly sold my modified Mini Clubvan too and there is a really pi**ed off vet in Huddersfield who has some very unpleasant things to say about me and quite rightly too. It's just seeing someone really enjoying the vehicle made me think on the way home and I decided to text him to tell him the deal was off. Same thing with the RCF, I've tried a few cars and every time driving back in the RCF I think to myself why on earth do I have this obsession with changing a car after a year and only a few thousand miles when this car is so much better?

So I've had a serious talk to myself and put things right and will now enjoy both vehicles and use them a bit more.

50 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

Well I think it's fair to say that selling an RCF is not as easy as I thought. Being a serial car changer (now reformed I hasten to add) I have never had trouble selling my previous cars in fact I've sold most within two-four weeks but not the RCF.

I've had several offers/enquiries but none have come to fruition, I very nearly did a S.O.R. with a local outfit that deals with some nice high end cars, they contacted me to say they would be very interested in taking it in. Of course they could offer all sorts of finance packages and part exchange which of course had me at a big disadvantage as it seems by all accounts there aren't that many people with real trouser money these days. I decided not to go down that path though.

I very nearly sold my modified Mini Clubvan too and there is a really pi**ed off vet in Huddersfield who has some very unpleasant things to say about me and quite rightly too. It's just seeing someone really enjoying the vehicle made me think on the way home and I decided to text him to tell him the deal was off. Same thing with the RCF, I've tried a few cars and every time driving back in the RCF I think to myself why on earth do I have this obsession with changing a car after a year and only a few thousand miles when this car is so much better?

So I've had a serious talk to myself and put things right and will now enjoy both vehicles and use them a bit more.

Well done you.

I'm the same. I've been looking around recently to replace mine. What are we doing?  

• Like 1

I have pondered a trade in against a LC500. However I read the LC forum on here and notice far too many quality /reliability issues cropping up. And the extended warranty is crazy (AMG / Merc / Audi) money, which suggests Lexus have no confidence in it working.

I can see me in the RCF for another couple of years yet

I’m glad your keeping the car tbh, I honestly think you’d have regretted selling, on the LC note, I’ve a friend with a GSF and had an LC whilst his was in having some mods fitted, he said he was glad to see the back of the LC, said it was ridiculously juicy compared to the GSF.....it put his mind at rest that the LC isn’t the way forward.....said he was amazed by how much different it was 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, The Bodyman said:

I'm the same. I've been looking around recently to replace mine. What are we doing?

I'm never looking to replace, always add to the collection... (with invisible money) haha! I'm keen on the new Yaris that is due to drop later in the year, looks amazing (to me), unsure how to convince the other half at the moment though 🤔

27 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

I'm never looking to replace, always add to the collection... (with invisible money) haha! I'm keen on the new Yaris that is due to drop later in the year, looks amazing (to me), unsure how to convince the other half at the moment though 🤔

X2 hopefully we will get the one with the performance package/ the diff etc in the UK. Though i am guessing it will be priced more than the CTR

Anyway, i am enjoying my f even more since the kwv3 and usrs fitted :):):):):):)

I've still got my extended test drive of the Alpine A 110 booked for next week so we will see. The wife gave me a filthy look when I told her that I was keeping the RCF and the Mini plus checking out the Alpine. I did have three cars some time ago interestingly it was an Alpine A 610 and Esprit V8 and my Phaeton Luxo Barge. Perhaps too greedy.

• Like 1

Quite some time ago I nearly bought this from Justin Banks in the days when he was a decent car dealer for the princely sum of £9K, like the Lancia Integrale Evo though I just couldn't get on with LHD

vcm_s_kf_repr_640x480.jpg

39 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

Quite some time ago I nearly bought this from Justin Banks in the days when he was a decent car dealer for the princely sum of £9K, like the Lancia Integrale Evo though I just couldn't get on with LHD

vcm_s_kf_repr_640x480.jpg

I renovated one of those for a chap in Henley on Thames about 15 years ago. Same colour or were they all that colour?

11 minutes ago, The Bodyman said:

I renovated one of those for a chap in Henley on Thames about 15 years ago. Same colour or were they all that colour?

I have never seen another colour, called Alpine Blue by all accounts. They were made in Spain and one other country as far as I know. The one I looked at was a Spanish made car which is why it was cheaper than those made in France.

• Like 1

x3 on the Yaris. That would be my daily driver and I'm imagining pairing it with a Nissan 370z convertible in Black Rose. I've never had  a convertible, nor a V6, so that would tick 2 new boxes. The Yaris could be a pleasant throwback to my 5 Impreza Turbos, WRXs and STIs

• Like 1