Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windscreen wiper parked position

Hi - I had a replacement windscreen fitted the other day (to my 2014 IS 300h) and my feeling is that the wiper arms have been refitted in a slightly different position. In particular that in the parked position the drivers (large) blade is a touch lower (so doesn't go quite as far across towards the A pillar when it wipes) and that the passenger side (short blade) is higher on the windscreen (I see more of the blade through the windscreen from the drivers seat than I seem to recall). Of course it could just be my memory playing tricks on me... but if anyone is able to take and post a photo for reference of where their wipers sit on the windscreen when parked I would be most grateful so I can reference the wiper position to the black band and the VIN window at the base of the windscreen. Or if there is an "official" Lexus positioning with measurements (I did find one for the previous IS but haven't found one for this model) - thanks in advance.

Do these help? I'm never sure whether one should flash their VIN about, so I've erred on the side of safety. If that pic doesn't get you in the right direction though, please let me know.

2020-01-08 10.23.20.jpg

2020-01-08 10.17.35.jpg

14 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Do these help? I'm never sure whether one should flash their VIN about, so I've erred on the side of safety. If that pic doesn't get you in the right direction though, please let me know.

2020-01-08 10.23.20.jpg

2020-01-08 10.17.35.jpg

Hi - many thanks for these - yes that position is more what I remember before the windscreen change - my passenger wiper sits well above the VIN window now whereas previously I thought it was lower as yours is. The drivers wiper arm also looks a tad higher than mine too. I will have a look at altering mine to closer match yours. I am assuming the facelift wouldn't have altered the wiper placement (mine is pre-facelift).

1 hour ago, wharfhouse said:

Moved wiper arms today using the images as a guide and then checking the sweep - so much better now - thanks 

Excellent - glad to hear you're all sorted now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links