Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wishing you all a very happy 2020!!

I have no sounds in my Lexus.  Local garage has told me that the amplifier has stopped working.  

What's my best bet - buy a second hand replacement amp?

Just also wanted to check that they are not missing anything, - like a seperate amp fuse somewhere?

Many thanks 🙂

HI

This is a common problem with the LS430 - I suspect you don't get the beeps either when you change the cabin temperature.

There is a company which repairs these - they are SVT services in Edinburgh - they done mine a few years ago.

The amp is located in the rear boot wing - you will need to remove the black plastic trim, luggage net securing rings and the internal boot liber to access it and remove it.

The amp also has a separate fuse which is believe is located in the driver footwell panel - worth checking this before you start removing the amp

There is a video here showing how to remove the amp :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cn7hMtmoOo

You can also run a diagnostic through the screen - instructions here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGS_ybEMvMI

• Like 1

Not sure where the fuse is, but if your amp is 'gone', seems like over the years SVT in Edinburgh are the people to speak to, they seem to be Mark Levison capable (though sounds like they are not fans of the ML gear).

Best of luck, there is nothing worse than driving a car without tunes to fill the air

• Like 1

Really appreciate the info and recommend contact, - thank you.

I have asked the garage to take out the amp for me, - they said it's a bit of a job to get it out...

Actually while you're here, (thinking as I type) - my side speakers have started to blow.  I used rubber glue on the subwoofer and it fixed that a treat.  I did the same on my door speakers, but unfortunately it hasn't lasted... I could try again I guess, however I am wondering whether to just buy different/better door speakers?  Penny for your thoughts 🙂

😯it's a bit of a job to get out...I trust that is true: I always reply to these statement: "What?! Naaah - I would do it but I can't be bothered it's not challenging enough - should take 10 minutes tops..."

Reminds me of VW selling on the fact repairs were simple as you could get at everything in/around the engine by whipping out x4 bolts and just disconnecting a few wires and gear linkage out came the complete engine assy..

This then after purchase turned to a "plumber's whistle": 😧 oh that's a job...we'll have to take the engine out to do that...

The Indy repair shops are great as complex repairs like electrical units, amps etc that could cost a lot to replace even from 2nd hand parts come back good as new for a reasonable sum.

Hope you get sorted soon.

• Haha 1

Amp removal should be easy  -  SVT and ML

As to re-repairing the door units, I would give that a swerve and go for replacements.

Used to repair speakers years ago, and I know materials are different know, but the one of two I ended up having to redo, the re-repair never lasted.

This post reminds me of plumbers who look at my central heating system and its quite involved electrical setup and panic.  However it was set up by a plumber who understood that central heating is not just boliers but water flow controlled by solenoidsand all the associated controllers.  Thanks heavens I can do electrics, so last boiler replacement was easy as the plumber just did his bit then I took over.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links