Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Switching between USB music and DAB

bfgqueen

Hi all

Sorry if this has been asked before. I got my new first time CT200h last week (69 plate, with Nav) and am wrestling with all the features, coming from a much older car with less tech! Is there a way to switch from DAB to USB for music without having to faff about with the remote touch system - i.e. just jab a single button or some such? I tend to swap between the two quite often on a long journey, and using a cursor-type system involving several steps seems to me to have serious safety (taking eyes off road) issues! Switching to DAB is easy enough (poke the 'radio' button), but I can't work out how to do it just as easily going the other way, from radio to USB. Please could someone help out? 

Hi Peter - thanks for replying. Yes, that was my first thought, so I printed off the voice command list, turned it on, and its response to my request was 'Pardon?' A dozen attempts (at several different commands) later I concluded that my Lexus is a bit hard of hearing, or doesn't speak good English. I am going to try the training thing later, which might help. A shame if this is the only alternative though.

• Like 1

My RX has two buttons, Radio and Media.

If I press Media and navigate to the USB screen then it always goes back there whenever I press the Media button, so one button press is all that's needed to change between the two.

Assuming (a dangerous word!) that the system in the CT is similar to the one in the NX (it's a while since i last drove a CT), you should be able to change the audio source using the right hand steering wheel mounted button to navigate to the AUDIO settings (on the small screen between the rev/eco dial and speedo).

Once you have navigated to the AUDIO settings using the left/right arrows as required, you should be able to press the centre button: this should bring up a list of SOURCES (e.g. DAB, FM, CD, AUX, etc). From there, scroll down to the desired source and hit the centre button again to select.

Let us know if that works!

I'll go and look later on and get back to you if it works - it does sound safer than fiddling with the floppy switch if voice commands and auto switching don't do the trick!

Thanks 🙂

A ‘low tech’ method I use to switch between the various options (e.g. from Bluetooth when I’m listening to an Internet radio station on my phone to DAB) is to just scroll through using the Mode button on the steering wheel.  You will soon learn how many presses you need to get from one option to the next and it only takes seconds, without taking your eyes off the road. 

Good morning all and thank you for all the suggestions. I've had a good fiddle about this morning, and the steering wheel option is doing it for me! I didn't realise it was there until you mentioned it, so thank you Dan and David! 

I did try to sort out voice, but it was pretty disastrous, and going through the command list my options don't seem as extensive as the printed list - every time I tried it I either got 'pardon?' (grr) or the first two digits of a phone number. Hopeless! I looked for the voice recognition training function, but couldn't find it under 'voice' in the settings menu, which is where the manual says to look. After getting thoroughly confused I gave up! if anyone has any tips on how to get this function working, please do let me know!

At least now I can navigate, change music sources and make calls without having to take my eyes off the road, which is a huge step forward 🙂

Thanks again for your generous responses.

• Thanks 1

I think a number of those voice commands are only recognised if the multimedia system is on the correct screen for that command. Some are 'universal' some very app specific.

It's not in the least intuitive, very in keeping with the Lexus multimedia system in general ...