Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Was Pick-pocketed For 2 Phones And Wallet

adeel

Can anyone suggest the best method for me to obtain a crime reference number from Paris, France.

I was pickpocketed in McDonalds Restaurant outside Gard du Nord... The thieving *!*!**! got away with both of my mobile phones *Panasonic GD87 and my SonyEricsson P800). They also got my wallet with many credit cards.

To cut a long story short, my P800 was insured... however in order for the claim to be processed, the insurance company need a crime reference number... from France because that is where the incident happended?!?

I didn't have time to report the incident because I would have missed my train... let alone find a police station and a helpful citizen to give me directions to the police station.

Any ideas??? :crybaby:

Thanks James... maybe I didn't explain it well...

How can I obtain a crime reference number from the Parisian police authorities while I am in London... is there any way I can get in touch or does anyone know any sites that I can get the address of a police station... are there any websites... can I visit the French Embassy (does one exist...pardon the ignorance)...

Does one see what I mean...

You need a tourist office first to give you the number of a local Police Station

try

P a r i s t o u r i s t a n d c o n g r e s s o f f i c e

127, avenue des Champs-Élysées

75008 Paris

Tél. 33 (0) 8 92 68 31 12

M° Charles-De-Gaulle-Étoile

www.paris-touristoffice.com

• Information desk on Paris.

Or here ........

http://www.paris.org/OTP/otp1E.html

Or even here ..........

Branch reception offices

GARE DU NORD - 10e (1) 45 26 94 82 Gare du Nord

Or even ...........

24 Hour Tourist Information - (1) 49 52 53 56

Only problem is the police might want you to sign the report :(

I bought the phone from a mate at work when he upgraded but he had no software or cable.. i bought a cable off of eBay but the only software for download on the panasonic website does not work on M.E ..

Is there any chance you can do or get a copy of it ???

cheers

craig

Aha... I'm not sure if this is compatible with ME... however go to this link below and see if this helps... if not send me a message (containing where to send the cd to, work address if you want so its secure and not personal) and I will organise so that you can receive the software via cd...

http://www.matweb-tw1.com.tw/USB/Phmgr/USBGD87.zip

However, this is for the USB... which is what I have... not sure about serial...